• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need some opinions......

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Hope everyone had a good xmas.

So as a gift I got a package to play Harbour Town in Hilton Head, home of the Verizon Heritage. The package includes two rounds and a night in a condo at Sea Pines. Problem is anyone that goes with me will have to pay to play and it is not cheap. So how exactly do you ask someone to go play considering how much it will cost them?? Or should I pay for whoever I take with me?? Or would you try and play just one round that covers two peoples fees??

I am not sure exactly what to do with it, the guys I play golf with do not have a lot of money to just take off for a weekend and play. Worse part is it was from the wife so I have to use it.

Jason

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
If it were me I would offer to split the costs among the group so that everyone pays evenly. I know you come out on the short end of this deal, but if your friends truly can't afford to play, and you want them to play with you, this is your best option.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep, split it, OR, phone the club and ask them to arrange a game for you and go on your own.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
If it were me I would spend the night with the wife at the condo and play both rounds as a single.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You could bring it up like this, "Hey do any of you guys wanna go spend X dollars?" When asked for what, tell them. It's their call. I don't think you need to be paying for anyone. If it comes down to it, play as a single like the others boys here have suggested.

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I may just take off and go by myself, even though I am not a big fan of playing with people I don't know. They won't let you play as a single, I am not even sure they will let you play just a twosome. You have to walk, and take a caddy. Honestly I am not really that thrilled about it, but golf is golf. I don't think I mentioned it has to be used by the end of February. The two coldest months in South Carolina, January and February. Taking the wife is out, we just had a baby, so leaving her behind for the weekend won't work. Oh well guess this is as good a dilemma as you can have.

On second thought maybe I can trade it in for a new set of clubs..........

Jason

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Babys travel, take the wife. She'll enjoy the time away from home. Or maybe she'll enjoy your time away from home!:laugh:

Hilton Head is on the way back from Jax, see if Ezra wants to play a round with you and time it for his run south.

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
thanks for the thoughts
I believe this trip is gonna get scrapped, may try to get a group together for later in the year

Jason

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
That's too bad. :(

When I was at Hilton Head last month, we made a point of going up in the lighthouse. I looked down the 18th at Harbour Town and there were some people playing it (badly). That is one scary looking golf hole.
DSCN0408.JPG

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Doc,

If I get something together later in the year with more notice I will let you know, maybe you can tag along. My bosses boat is in the harbor and he got a good deal but it is still a bit to steep for most of the folks I play golf with, specially on short notice. I want to play it, but it is hard to justify the cost.

Jason

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Thanks, Jason. Harbour Town is definitely on my "must play" list and it's only a few hours drive from here.

Weather sucks right now though.

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
what, who said taking the wife & baby is out,

It is really your choice, but you won't be playing alone, they put you with a twosome likely, you'll probably meet nice people. Your wife might enjoy the break, even with the baby. It is hard to feel your pain when it is -8 degrees and snow is everywhere. We took our kids on holidays to mexico and so on when they were babies and now they are 27 & 28 and travelling to Thailland, Costa Rica, (Habitat for Humanity) Nicaragua and so on by themselves because they learned to travel as infants. I say go for it, just make sure wifey is comfortable.
or just send me the tickets. :)
happy holidays, healthy 2008

Jason[/quote]

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.