• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Your Help and Opinions Please..

bfrank3502

Rookie Golfer
Dec 7, 2008
I'm putting on a 4-person team scramble format Golf Tournament on June 27th 2009 at Royal Oaks Golf Course in Maryville, TN. $65 per person entry fee and I'm taking out the greens fees and paying the rest back to 1st and 2nd for each flight. I'm looking for tournament/hole sponsors. I'm looking for such things as golf towels, golf balls, clubs, gift cards, gift cert. prizes, etc..... Has anyone had any luck or what approach of companies do I take. Is there any online that people have had success in sponsoring tournament? Thanks in advance

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Are you doing this as a money making adventure or for a charity? As a money making adventure I dont think you stand a chance, but as a charity asking a business to sponsor a hole is fine and good for the business.

As a money making adventure cheating (which is a constant for a charity events also but who cares, its for charity) will be an issue, the nationwide tour event here in athens ga requires tons of support people. I had one friend and she spent each day following one player and keeping his score just to avoid conflicts. as a money making deal - "I'll sue" and other liabilities seems inevitable.

OP
bfrank3502

bfrank3502

Rookie Golfer
Dec 7, 2008
Not a money making event nor a charity. I'm just doing this and taking out the green fees from the course and paying back the rest to the 1st & 2nd in each flight. I'm not keeping any of the money. I've already got cleveland to donate a driver to the longest drive hole and 2 odyssey putters for the closest to the pin. but I'd like to get some small gifts for door prizes....

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
Be careful with that cash winning thing.I don't know if it is true or not, but I heard once that amatuer golfers cannot win cash prizes or something of that nature.Although that may be just in single stroke play format cause that was what type of tourney i was playing in when i heard it.Hopefully you can completely ignore everything ive said cause it sounds like a killer tourney!!

Members online

No members online now.