• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New #1

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Let me put this another way. If you look at the top 10 in the world and you look at the stats for wins, majors, top 10s and top 25s you will see (at least I was shocked when I saw it) that with the exception of Phil none of the rest of these guys have done much of anything in their careers by comparrison. Perhaps what makes it shocking is not so much how big Tiger's stats are.....its how pitifully weak by comparrison the rest of these guys are. (With the exception of Phil)

The world golf rankings are a joke, not because Tiger is not #1 but rather because a bunch of guys who have done little or nothing in the big picture over the course of their careers are ranked in the top 10. By the way Sergio Garcia has won more events than the current #1. Little Mike Wier is right there with our New #1. Ernie Els has about 5 times the career stats in the areas that matter than our new #1. Davis Love III has basically double the stats over our #1. I could go on and on.

Is Kymer playing better than anybody else at this moment......this tiny litte snapshot in time???? Sure. But that's all it is, a snapshot in time. I'd be willing to bet that kymer will never even come close to the stats of a Davis Love III and nowhere near an Ernie Els.

And don't get me started on Westwood.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
World golf rankings don't give a damn about career stats, it's all about what have you done over the last 2 years and for Eldrick it's jack squat. Right now I wouldn't even put him in the top 20 as he has zero confidence and his entire game has gone to shit.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
There seems little point in constantly repeating to those who choose not to listen.

And nobody who has earned the number 1 ranking could be accused of being a bad joke. It's not terribly easy to get there, being as it's based on....oh never mind.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
World golf rankings don't give a damn about career stats, it's all about what have you done over the last 2 years and for Eldrick it's jack squat. Right now I wouldn't even put him in the top 20 as he has zero confidence and his entire game has gone to shit.

Don't bother trying to figure out a way of explaining it mate, you'll fail anyway. it is impossible when someone is blinded this way. No groupie will ever accept his followed one's faults...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I :horse1: think :horse1: we :horse1: need :horse1: more :horse1: discussion :horse1: on :horse1: this :horse1: topic. :1898_: :1898_: :1898_:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.