• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New 3-Wood - Awesome!

Patlawman

Apr 7, 2005
For years I have been using an original Adam's Tight Lies 3-wood. And all those years I have never been comfortable nor confident hitting it. Yesterday afternoon I went to my pro shop and asked to demo the Ping G2 3-wood since I have the G2 Driver and like it alot. I also asked the pro to pull some comparable 3-woods for me to try. I hit the Ping G2 3-wood first. Not bad, but nothing super terrific. Next I hit the King Cobra SZ 3-wood. I hit this club MUCH better (reasonably straight but with a slight hook) and it was more "comfortable" in my hands. My only problem with King Cobra was I did not like the logo that sits on top of the hosel. I have to look at it when I line it up with the ball, and I just didn't like it. Sounds crazy, but I believe we all need to feel "comfortable" when we set up and look down at the ball before firing away. The third club I hit was the Nike T-60 3-wood (15 degrees). It had a regular flex Ignite by Fujikura shaft on it. I hit 10 balls. 9 of 10 shots were beautiful hits straight down the fairway - all approximately 200-210 yards. I was sold. I can't ask for anything more in a fairway wood. I have heard mixed things about Nike clubs, but at least with a 3-wood, I'm sold! I'm playing this afternoon and can't wait to use it on the course. If it performs as well on the fairway as it did at the range I plan to go back for the 5-wood! I'll report back soon.

OP
P

Patlawman

Apr 7, 2005
Well, I played the new T-60 3-wood on the course yesterday. Only got in 9 holes before the lightening and downpour started (I'm in NJ). The T-60 was everything I hoped it would be. I used it on the tee for every par 4 and hit every fairway. I used it on the fairway of a long par 5 and made it to the green on my second shot. I'm heading back to the pro shop this weekend for the 5-wood.

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
I've read very good things with the T-60, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Stink Crack

Apr 2, 2005
Nice, I just picked up the T-60 13* 3 wood on eBay ($140) a couple weeks ago. It's a solid club, I'm very happy with it.

lameshooter

Eagle is my middle name.
Apr 13, 2005
glad your liking the nike, what did you think of the cleveland when you demoed it?

OP
P

Patlawman

Apr 7, 2005
The Cleveland was OK. Nothing special but thats just me. It was the first one I eliminated. The balls were just not flying off the club they way I wanted them to. After I eliminated the Cleveland, I worked with the Ping, King Cobra and Nike and of those three the hits with the Nike were just the best I could have hoped for.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
Thats awesome that you got a new 3-wood. Do you have any pictures of it. My friend has a nike driver and I like it alot.(its not the ignite i forgot what it was)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.