• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New 3 wood

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I have had an extended absence from this site, mainly due to having to do school work throughout the summer (It was a really stupid idea to take a course during the prime golfing season). But I have been lurking around for a bit and thought that like any good member I would update my newest Ho (and I am not talking about the type that Tiger likes :biglol:).

Last weekend I bought a PING G15 3 wood with the Aldila Serranno shaft, and boy is that thing a rocket when I hit it properly, which I will admit is not as much as I would like.

Played 9 holes today with a couple of balls and hitting the 3 wood off the tee I realized that this thing wasn't going much shorter than the driver.

Off to a scramble tomorrow, should hopefully be lots of opportunity to use it then.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Try 3 summer classes......

My clubs have cob webs on them.... poor things.

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Try 3 summer classes......

My clubs have cob webs on them.... poor things.

Yeah, I know how you feel, I have been working 40 hours a week in addition to taking the course. If you have been working as well I will bow down to your ability to manage your time as there is no way that I could do that. I've managed to get a couple of rounds in recently as I have finished the course work and have been procrastinating studying for the exam. However, after this weekend it will be back to the books until the beginning of August, when I will golf to my hearts content.

BTW, my dad and I won the scramble today shooting a 7 under 58, I think (we were 7 under for sure on a short course), and I never really got to use any shots with the 3 wood. The only one that I hit, I hit about 240, down hill into the wind right down the middle just my dad hit driver off the deck about 290 to the fringe in front of the green, after I hit mine

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Summer classes = terrible idea... I took the summer off. Working 30hrs/week, playing golf and video games the rest of the time. Working during the school year pretty much sucks too, but I'd still take that over summer classes.

Enjoy your 3 wood. The G15 is pretty sweet.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Grats on the new 3wood!

Glad i don't have to worry about college classes anymore...just regular training...but since i get paid for that, its a lot easier to go and still work full time.

ELCTW

Nike Golf
Jul 18, 2010
That's the fairway woods I'm looking at. The reviews say they're great clubs, I might purchase a 3 & 5 soon. I guess I should demo them first though at Dick's or something.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Summer classes = terrible idea... I took the summer off. Working 30hrs/week, playing golf and video games the rest of the time. Working during the school year pretty much sucks too, but I'd still take that over summer classes.

Enjoy your 3 wood. The G15 is pretty sweet.

As much as it does suck....they are online. And the teachers seem to hate it just as much as I do, so they take it easy for the most part. I'm betting the upper level courses I'm taking would be much harder in an actual classroom.

Summer classes suck, but by taking these 9 hours this summer, I can graduate in December....which I am greatly looking forward to. Then I can hopefully get a real job...buy my own house, and then golf and play video games to my heart's content...

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Its not really all that bad. It is more so that I really have no motivation to study for the exam that is in a week. Actually doing the course work wasn't bad, it sucked, but at least there was a definite end to it and I could say that I needed to do a certain amount a week, and if I did that I didnt really care what else I did. This studying is killing me though. Oh well it will all be over in a week.

ELCTW, add another person to vouch for them, they are extremely solid clubs. I have never really bought any clubs without hitting them, but if I were to get a 5 wood, I would not hesitate in buying one of these right away. For me, they are just that good.

🔥 Latest posts