• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New ball if you havent tried it then order some

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
If I hear one more person claim their ball is "just as good as a Titleist" I'll scream, then run out and get a box of ProV's. Why bother with something that's "just as good" when I can get the real thing?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, thats my point. If it's almost like a ProV.. why don't I just got buy a box of those?

Those balls look like crap, and so does the website. Unless they are $7 a dozen, I'll pass on them, and continue to play the same rotation of Bridgestone, TM, and Callaway

OP
boomit324

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
ok let me clear some crap up..once again..im a pro at a club..and im hitting a prototype by them..i agree the earth ones suck ass..they dont have spin or anything..but the ones im trying out have in my "opionion" more spin then the pro-v1..and you guys should know that im a titleist loyalist if anyone here is

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Okay... so what did you clear up that you mentioned before other than your a pro at some club?

If your trying some prototype ball, how on earth would anyone get to try them, or for that matter, go the extra mile to try some new unknown non major OEM ball?

See where everyone is coming from?

OP
boomit324

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
okay the thing i cleared up was that dont judge them til you try them..so the ones im trying out arent out yet..when they come out try them..there coming out in January..i think i mentioned that earlier..and the extra mile thing..jus a freakin sleeve my god like a sleeves gonna hurt you..if you dont like them go back to what you like..geez its not like im tryin to get yall to change your equipment..if i was doin that i'd sell the irons and wedges i customize..not a ball i play

OP
boomit324

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
oh and the other thing fatc1ty was that its in MY "OPINION"

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Sheesh.. Don't get your panties in a wad over some damn ball. Play it and be happy.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Hippie balls...

I would play them if they are cheap....but guessing from everything else that claims to be 'green' i highly doubt it. Probably be on the same price point as the prov1 or higher...

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
So which model is it that you're testing? Wind or Fire?

Not that I could afford these, anyway, at $40/doz...

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
They also mislead on the distance 300 million golfballs lined up end to end would be.

It is estimated that over 300 million golf balls are discarded in the United States each year. That is enough golf balls to make a solid line of golf balls from LA to London and back!

I did the math & at 1.68" per ball the distance for 300 million of them is 7954 miles, whereas it's 10,902 miles rd trip. Picky yes, but I am sure their mileage claims are as accurate as their balls are.

Maybe they meant Louisiana to London and back?...LOL

OP
boomit324

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
So which model is it that you're testing? Wind or Fire?

Not that I could afford these, anyway, at $40/doz...

im testing the fire and i think there gonna be in the 30-35 range and the wind are supposed to be in the 25 range..and on another note fatc1ty sorry my brother got pissed at me the same way (cobraprov1 on here if anyones friends with him) and i kinda took it out on the forum..so everyone i apologize if i offended anyone

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Now if they were bio-degradable....that would actually help this problem...

Being recyclable...meh...its ok i guess

Since the balls are recycliable, they should do a program that you can send in your used balls for a rebate off of a new box of their balls...but then i fear these people would look even longer in the woods for lost balls since they are now worth even more than they were when they bought them.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Recycleable balls is a stupid idea, who is going to go thru the hassle of dealing with that? And the way a lot of us lose balls it's a moot point anyways. Like Clark stated, they should be biodegradeable.

🔥 Latest posts