• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Books: 'The A Swing' By David Leadbetter and 'The Wichita Kid: A Caddie's Story'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
RENOWNED GOLF INSTRUCTOR DAVID LEADBETTER is releasing a new book called The A Swing: The Alternative Approach to Great Golf on May 12.

Following is an edited portion of the book description from the publisher, St. Martin's Press:
The A Swing is [Leadbetter's] first [book] for a decade and is an evolution of his swing theories that have successfully helped thousands of golfers globally.
The A Swing -- A stands for Alternative -- is a simple way to swing the club, which follows biomechanically sound, scientific principles, and only requires minimal practice. The A Swing has been thoroughly tested with a wide range of players, from tour level to beginner, junior to senior, and the results overall have been nothing short of dramatic.
The A Swing is a way to develop a consistent, repetitive motion which will improve accuracy and distance, and is easy on the body. It will fix many of golf's common faults, and the book takes you through an easy, step-by-step approach. With over 200 illustrations, easy drills, and the 7-Minute Practice Plan, golfers now have the opportunity to play the way they've always dreamed of.​
Golf Digest editor Ron Kaspriske assisted Leadbetter with the book. The foreword is by Michelle Wie.

Enter a book giveaway for The A Swing at Goodreads.

The Wichita Kid: A Caddie's Story is a first novel from Rob Fisher. "I have published a novel based on my nine years as a caddie at a country club in Ohio during the 1980s," Fisher wrote in an email. "I think you'll find it both funny and heartwarming."

Fisher provided this book summary:
The Wichita Kid is a coming-of-age novel about golf, friendship, and family. It centers on a fatherless 12 year-old boy named Kevin, who has just moved from Kansas to the "big city" of Cleveland, Ohio, and who suffers from anxieties that he struggles to control. To help support his mother and himself, Kevin finds a job as a caddie at a local country club. The program is led by an old, stern caddie master, but the older teenage caddies run the show. Kevin, as one of the youngest and smallest caddies, is forced to adapt to the new and often chaotic environment of the caddie yard and the golf course. This story is both humorous and touching as it involves the struggles that many of us have faced as we march into adulthood.​
I have not read The Wichita Kid, but Cliff Schrock of Golf Digest has written a review.

Read the Golf Digest review.

Source: New Books: 'The A Swing' By David Leadbetter and 'The Wichita Kid: A Caddie's Story'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.