• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Bravo Home Sportsbar

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Thought I might share what my new set-up looks like...

What you have down below, built into the cabnitry, is my old 36 inch Toshiba tube TV, which is on Charter cable. I have some old doors which used to conceal the TV and I took them off years ago. I am going to put them back on and will leave them shut, except when I am watching both TV's (like today and tomorrow for the bowl games).

I have the Toshiba on Charter cable bc my wireless modem is located in the extreme lower right bookshelf behind a clay vase and some family pix. My den is in the middle of the house and the wireless modem gets a good signal throughout the house from the middle. Originally tried it from the office (on one end of the house) and it didn't work. So we ran the coax cable to the den and then ran an Ethernet cable back to the office with R45 connectors on either end. This is where my PC is located.

Above the Toshiba is my new Samsung 50 inch plasma. Located to below left of it is my DirecTV DVR on the far right is my JVC 9010 receiver (which has multi-room capability for my kitchen and patio speakers). In the center is a combo VCR Player/DVD recorder. I've got about 200 movies I've saved to Tivo and burned to blank DVD's over the years.

I've got a nice home theatre set up with flush mounted rear speakers about 3 feet from where we sit. Notice center channel speaker above and to the right of the plasma. Powered subwoofer is the black box on the floor to the right of the Toshiba. This sound set up is great. (Alltogether, I've got about $4000 USD in my entire set up). I use Cambridge Soundworks speakers and swear by them. The main left and right ones are up there on the top bookshelves sitting among books and pictures...

I had to do some pretty rough rip out of the vertical column of the bookshelves for the plasma only to find there weren't any studs behind it....had to go in behind the fridge in the kitchen and put in studs to hang the TV bracket on. Then came back into the bookshelves and did a refinish on the ripout. Came out great.

Then the guy from Firedog hung the TV and it came out pretty good.

All I need now is a wet bar next to it and a keg connection...
home sportsbar - jpeg.jpg

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
The ultimate picture-in-picture.

Hmm, if I leave for the airport now and catch a direct flight, I could probably get there sometime just after noon! You're near Mobile, aren't you? ;)

As for the little pre-demo, I could get the hole in the wall no problem but getting things back together that pretty would be a completely different story; bravo, Bravo! :laugh:

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I don't know....I'm not diggin' the second set. I love the rest though. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Thinking the same thing myself
Yeah, I would see that as a distraction. Unless of course my wife is watching one of her strange programs, then I could plug in my new Xbox 360 and crank up the volume. Would kinda work well for halftime and comercials as well

We need to get a bigger TV for the launchpad and playing the indoor golf this year. The 27" is just not as good. We've been looking at the 42's

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004

Hmm, if I leave for the airport now and catch a direct flight, I could probably get there sometime just after noon! You're near Mobile, aren't you? ;)

As for the little pre-demo, I could get the hole in the wall no problem but getting things back together that pretty would be a completely different story; bravo, Bravo! :laugh:

Thanks...it really wasn't that tough thanks to the amazing paint matching technology.

After the tear out, the wall looked like a war zone....I hacked the column out with a RotoZip tool with a special wood ripper disc. There was a 43" ripped area about 6-10 inches wide depending....

I took one of the shelves with me to a local building materials company. They "shoot" the shelf to get an accurate color image and then the computer produces a 'recipe' to match that color....

I then went over to the lumberyard side and got some paneling to match. Cut it to fit vertically and make it about 13" wide. Tacked it into place and caulked around the sides. Then painted the entire area where the TV was going to hang so it would all match....cost about $40 and three hours of labor and you can't tell the diff.........

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
That's a 50" set? Looks a lot smaller but I suppose there isn't much to reference the size to. Right now I have a 51" HDTV but it's about a 4 yr old projection unit, looking to upgrade to a 46-50" LCD set soon.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
That's a 50" set? Looks a lot smaller but I suppose there isn't much to reference the size to. Right now I have a 51" HDTV but it's about a 4 yr old projection unit, looking to upgrade to a 46-50" LCD set soon.

The photo was taken from almost 20 feet away.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004

It will be hidden behind the doors as soon as I can find them...they're around here............somewhere..................:(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.