• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new callaway irons

TourCraft

Aug 26, 2004
here something for you callaway fans
erciron.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Funny, that looks like an X-16 pro with a plastic back.

I'm 60/40 on the Fusion driver, and i don't know what to make of the irons.

Nice pic. Got anything else hidden away that's new from Callaway?

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
One complaint I've heard and share concerning the x16, and their undercut cavity is cleaninf and drying the damned things. Looks like Cally is trying to address this issue?

I see a market for producing and selling these inserts for existing x-series owners. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I play X-16 Pros and don't find that a problem at all. Cleaning is a snap, you just need to remind yourself to get in the cavity and dry it all out. Other than that, no biggie.

I can see your point tho.

My only thought is that this is the only was to really integrate the carbon fiber and the Titanium that the ERC is based on. Just a thought tho.

They look cool, but i don't know how cool.

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
OK, then... Question here. These would appear to be a new twist on the "iron-wood" hybrid craze that's been going on, all the way down to wedge? Would anyone here be caught dead with that in their bag?

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
The sole of the 7-Iron in the photo seems pretty normal to me (well normal for a cavity back).

🔥 Latest posts