• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New car, so much for mileage

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have found that fast and cool works when the kid pays for the vehicle themselves...most of the time(not all of the time) when mommy and daddy buy teenagers fast cars they have no respect for that vehicle and usually destroy it.

This is limited to my own experience, but it has held mostly true. Most of the kids that had a vehicle bought for them in highschool wrecked it...on the other hand kids like me who had to pay for their own vehicle and insurance took a bit more respect for their vehicles and tended not to wreck them.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I have found that fast and cool works when the kid pays for the vehicle themselves...most of the time(not all of the time) when mommy and daddy buy teenagers fast cars they have no respect for that vehicle and usually destroy it.

This is limited to my own experience, but it has held mostly true. Most of the kids that had a vehicle bought for them in highschool wrecked it...on the other hand kids like me who had to pay for their own vehicle and insurance took a bit more respect for their vehicles and tended not to wreck them.

I was being sarcastic, but you make a very valid point. I found the same thing when I was in high school

I was lucky. I got a 1980 Firebird V8 with only 13,000 miles on it in January, 1981. I traded a Jeepster (that had been given to me) to make up my 1/2 of the cost of the Firebird. I didn't pay insurance. I did, however, have to pay all maintenance/upkeep/tires/body work/etc. Also, the first thing I lost for punishment of any type was my car. And, I was specifically told that if the car was parked for punishment, I would keep it washed/clean while parked. Had it taken away for 2 weeks and had to wash it 3 times due to pollen.

My car was kept as nice and clean as any car at school and while I did run it hard, I didn't do it often.

My buddies who had a free car and no responsibility never understood why I spent so much time cleaning it and why I was so easy on it....;)

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
My girlfriend put the car on her insurance today...

No way I could own something like this if I wasn't single.

Bad wording on my part. I guess I equate single as not married, no kids. If I had kids, no way I could have a car like this.

Come on, its got a back seat, doesn't it? I have a two-seater, now that doesn't work with two kids. I've thought of getting a classic Camaro or Chevelle, but when we adopt a third, that wouldn't do much good, either. Oh well, have fun for now, Ez.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Come on, its got a back seat, doesn't it? I have a two-seater, now that doesn't work with two kids. I've thought of getting a classic Camaro or Chevelle, but when we adopt a third, that wouldn't do much good, either. Oh well, have fun for now, Ez.

Well, it does have a back seat but I can't imagine trying to get in there. It's hard enough getting in and out of the front seat, lol. I got on her a little on my way back from work yesterday. I was a little surprised when I took a left from a stopsign and the tires spun in 1st and 2nd gear, I really wasn't on it much at all. It's fun to drive on the highway, just handles so much better than anything I've had before. I took off on the way to work, went through an S curve then looked in the rear view... where did everyone go? Oh, yeah, I just went though the curves at 95mph., oops.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.