• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New car, so much for mileage

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Here's a pic of the car from it's "good side"
icon10.gif

What's the "bad side" look like? :D

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Nice car man! Always loved 3000GT's.. I had one in high school.. 1997 3000GT. 5 speed.. lots of fun. My dad still has the thing too. It's fun to hop back into that thing every once in a while and have some fun..

I have couple pics if anyone is interested in seeing it. I didnt want to steal your thread though. hehe.

Congrats on the new used car! Enjoy it! :beach3:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Nice car man! Always loved 3000GT's.. I had one in high school.. 1997 3000GT. 5 speed.. lots of fun. My dad still has the thing too. It's fun to hop back into that thing every once in a while and have some fun..

I have couple pics if anyone is interested in seeing it. I didnt want to steal your thread though. hehe.

Congrats on the new used car! Enjoy it! :beach3:
There is a car and bike thread you can post your car in(so not to hijack):

Car And Bike Thread

Like the car ez, i always wanted one but i knew i would throw way too much money into one...i tend to throw way too much money into things that can go fast(probably the reason i am buying the R6; so i dont have to spend money making it fast after i buy it...its already fast)

ers1029

Apr 1, 2008
Nice looking car man. I am soon turning 17 and have been looking at cars. I have looked at the 3000gt, but decided against it once I realized I want to have room for more than 1 passenger.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Believe me, you do NOT want to have the biggest car out of your friends...you will be the taxi whenever everyone wants to do something together...get a 2 seater(or better yet a bike) and you wont haev to cart your friends all over the place!

Plus, proven fact that your odds of being in a fatal crash goes up exponentially with every teenage passenger when you yourself are a teenaged new driver

Not trying to tell you what to do, get whatever you want, just some other things to think about.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
If you're just turning 17 definately go for an economy car. If you were to get a 3000gt or another fast car I can almost guarantee you will get in an accident or get speeding tickets. Just face it, you have no self control when your friends say "step on it!" :D What I really wanted was a s10 or a ranger regular cab, 5 speed, but I could never find one in good enough shape. My mom picked me out an economy car, it's good enough for me.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If you're just turning 17 definately go for an economy car. If you were to get a 3000gt or another fast car I can almost guarantee you will get in an accident or get speeding tickets. Just face it, you have no self control when your friends say "step on it!" :D What I really wanted was a s10 or a ranger regular cab, 5 speed, but I could never find one in good enough shape. My mom picked me out an economy car, it's good enough for me.
Slow and uncool is way better than fast and dead, IMHO.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Once i realized that Highschool was not the "Best years of my life" my life got a whole lot better...and "Cool" is directly proportional to how alive you are :D

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Believe me, you do NOT want to have the biggest car out of your friends...you will be the taxi whenever everyone wants to do something together...get a 2 seater(or better yet a bike) and you wont haev to cart your friends all over the place!

Plus, proven fact that your odds of being in a fatal crash goes up exponentially with every teenage passenger when you yourself are a teenaged new driver

Not trying to tell you what to do, get whatever you want, just some other things to think about.
It's very true.. I had my 3000GT in high school and it worked out really well because I could never take my friends to lunch, or cart them around anywhere. "Sorry.. two seater car, you drive." :thumbs up:

Also, don't get a truck.. hah. I moved on from my 3000GT to a truck, and all of a sudden I was getting calls every other week (it seemed) because of friends that were moving and needed some help. :unhappy:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.