• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Clevaland Lineup, CG7 and Monster

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Yeah I'm not wild about em. Only Cleveland club I've really ever liked was the CG10 wedges.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Monster is virtually square. They are claiming square face and nuetral weighting. At 5900 it's max MOI. If it's it and as low spin as it's predecessors, I wouldn't mind hitting a 10.5 or even 11.5.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The tour version of the irons don't look terrible.

The woods are terrible looking.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The monster is not touted as having low spin, is it?

Compared to the new Launcher, it's supposed to have high spin.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
what is up with cleveland and the colors?? I love the TA line of clubs....that is why when I decided to go for some cleveland irons I went back to the ta2's....anything after that line just got weird. I like more traditional looking stuff I guess....even the wedges have gotten crazy looking.

Jason

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
The irons don't look bad at all. The monster is not very aesthetically correct but, ha any Cleveland Driver been? What I can't stand are those Driver and wood covers. Why do they have to use so much white and so many colors???

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
The CG Tour (not CG7 Tour) irons are as sexy as all hell. I'd be happy to spray them all over the course. That is about all I'd do with them too.

And as for the Monster (Tour of course). Well I'd play with the monster, but I'd be thinking of the XLS. ;)

I'd have no trouble gaming it though...

OP
West Coast Duffer

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
they need to dump the red and gold. the CG7 tours would look real nice with the inserts black or silver.

I would think the Monster might go head to head with the FTI and Sumo2.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I think the driver is actually called the MOInster. Riding the whole MOI bus, you know....:D

R35

🔥 Latest posts