• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Clubs

GolfingElectrician

Aug 13, 2005
I was thinking about getting a new set of clubs and was wondering if anyone could give me a hand. I am currently in between getting a Ping G5 complete set or a TaylorMade RAC irons with the R7 driver (which has just been lowered to $299 by the way). I just have never hit the Taylor Made clubs before and was wondering what people that do hit them think. Thanks for all of the help.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
thanks the taylormade's great production methods. there are many RAC models, which ones did you have in mind?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just toyed with the new G5 irons at the shop. They look nice.

I hate Taylor Made. There, I said it. :D

(Actually, they make nice irons. I've heard horror stories about their woods and their customer service, however.)

I think you'd be in good shape buying either setup. Your best bet is to have a few hacks with them at the range or in the shop, and buy what best suits your eye, your feel and your wife's watchful gaze on the credit card bill...:D

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Rockford35 said:
I hate Taylor Made. There, I said it. :D

(Actually, they make nice irons. I've heard horror stories about their woods and their customer service, however.)

R35

that would explain alot....

would you happen to care to share any of these horror stories?

:smilie_cl :smilie_tm

OP
GolfingElectrician

GolfingElectrician

Aug 13, 2005
I have always hit a oversized club and finally decided I needed to go to something that I can actually work a little more. So I have decided to go with the Forged TP RAC's (as long as that is what I decide on). I know that I dont want to hit an oversized club anymore, I want to get my game to the next level and I dont see myself getting very much better with the oversized clubs.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Youngun5 said:
that would explain alot....

would you happen to care to share any of these horror stories?

:smilie_cl :smilie_tm

I have none - personally. Just what I read on internet forums, people professing their hatred towards TM's customer service. Calls about loose items inside heads, headcovers pulling apart, shafts breaking, ect.

I'm sure it happens with every manufacturer, I just seem to pick up that it happens with TM more often than anyone else. Or, those that have problems with other brands are handled well by their customer service. One or the other.

Those that are given props: Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway, Cleveland, Sonartec, Cobra.

R35

john45

Jul 4, 2005
I like TM clubs but the resale value is terribble. Go with the Ping, I went from TM to Ping and am very glad I did.

I do still have my TM R5 driver though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.