• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Driver from TourSwing!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Well here we go!

Another new Driver from Tour Swing!!!

HISTORY

I first saw the designs for this back in September.

At that time Tim was looking for something that like the current Hi MOI heads that would be extremely stable….and like the Renegade, have tremendous roll and aggressive ball flight…but also, unlike anything in the industry…also be “Playable” for the players that want to be able to work their shots.

Then, on top of everything, he wanted to use the highest quality material and maximize the allowable bore to have the nicest feeling driver, from any company, made to date.

Below, is the preliminary artwork of the driver tentatively called the “Pentagon”.

Please name the following differences than what you see below:

1) The name “Pentagon” is not etched in stone…he is taking recommendations on the future name.
2) The sole and face will be the “Smoked” Ti coated face ala the Octane of Alpha V series.
3) The face will be the highest (and most expensive) TVC material on the Japanese market.
4) Face scorelines will be lazer etched as shown.

I expect the first prototypes here in a couple weeks.

View attachment awww.indacupgolf.com_Pentagon1.jpg.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I don't like the colors they used for their illustrations but otherwise I like it a lot.

"Pentagon" is an ok name too, I guess. I really don't care much what they call it as long as it hits 'em long and straight. :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Mama said "if you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all".

I have nothing to say.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm intrested to see what a production head looks like. I'm not sure how this is "plain in shape" either, but I'm pretty sure that rule only applies to the Renegade anyway...

what do you mean by "maximize the allowable bore to have the nicest feeling driver"?

are the white "teeth" on the top just paint, or is that a different material?

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I'm intrested to see what a production head looks like. I'm not sure how this is "plain in shape" either, but I'm pretty sure that rule only applies to the Renegade anyway...

what do you mean by "maximize the allowable bore to have the nicest feeling driver"?

are the white "teeth" on the top just paint, or is that a different material?

The deeper the bore, the less vibration you will feel, hence a more solid and pure sensation.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I could get used to it from the top. I really think that the crown should be a dark gray, and the teeth/back should be black, or an even darker gray. Having the lighter color on the outside makes it look silly, and BIG. Small is more appealing to the eye.

The bottom is laughable. A big issue with the component industry is the aesthetics of their stuff. I don't understand how a driver who's deepest point is directly behind center can have a high MOI like the FT-i or SQ5900, but maybe. In any case, it'd be worth a go.

Unfortunately, that is NOT bag-bling. That is not something anyone is going to show off. You must have Tim re-do the sole. Have the Tour Swing Logo slightly larger, and perpendicular to the face, rather than parallell. I hope he's going for Chrome on the bottom, otherwise. In that case, stick to blacks and grays, or other very dark colors in a relatively sensible arrangement.

If the club is what you suggest, then it doesn't need to be the best looking club on the market. I'm all about BEING the best, and not necessarily just LOOKING like the best. But this needs to catch people's eye, and right now I feel like people are going to catch it like shrapnel.

Maybe that teeth design that's on the crown could be on the bottom too. On the crown, it can be black teeth on a dark gray, glossy finish. On the bottom it can be the same black on the chrome finish. That might look snazzy. The TS logo can sit between the teeth.

Send that on to Tim. From what I've heard, his products deserve recognition. But to appeal to a larger market, they have to look at least half as good as they play.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I could get used to it from the top. I really think that the crown should be a dark gray, and the teeth/back should be black, or an even darker gray. Having the lighter color on the outside makes it look silly, and BIG. Small is more appealing to the eye.

The bottom is laughable. A big issue with the component industry is the aesthetics of their stuff. I don't understand how a driver who's deepest point is directly behind center can have a high MOI like the FT-i or SQ5900, but maybe. In any case, it'd be worth a go.

Unfortunately, that is NOT bag-bling. That is not something anyone is going to show off. You must have Tim re-do the sole. Have the Tour Swing Logo slightly larger, and perpendicular to the face, rather than parallell. I hope he's going for Chrome on the bottom, otherwise. In that case, stick to blacks and grays, or other very dark colors in a relatively sensible arrangement.

If the club is what you suggest, then it doesn't need to be the best looking club on the market. I'm all about BEING the best, and not necessarily just LOOKING like the best. But this needs to catch people's eye, and right now I feel like people are going to catch it like shrapnel.

Maybe that teeth design that's on the crown could be on the bottom too. On the crown, it can be black teeth on a dark gray, glossy finish. On the bottom it can be the same black on the chrome finish. That might look snazzy. The TS logo can sit between the teeth.

Send that on to Tim. From what I've heard, his products deserve recognition. But to appeal to a larger market, they have to look at least half as good as they play.

Great feedback!

Also something Tim took to hear...the head will now NOT have the "fangs" will be almost completely black....sole and face.

Any suggestions on name???

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
Great feedback!

Also something Tim took to hear...the head will now NOT have the "fangs" will be almost completely black....sole and face.

Any suggestions on name???

Penetrator....LOL, I'm joking

Air Force One
Ground Zero
TS 540

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
As SUX said the logo should be turned on the sole so you can read it while hanging in a golf shop or sticking out of a golf bag. The red "wing" thing should be taken off the sole. I don't mind the teeth thing, if you take the teeth off of the top then put that look on the bottom. I think on top the teeth make square the ball up much like a putter design does. So I wouldn't move the teeth that's just my opinion. A plain sole is better to me than something with a bunch of stuff all over it.

As for a name I'm not too creative but if he wants to go with the teeth theme somewhere then it can't be Pentagon. It's got to be something animal like as WI-Golfer said. I don't know about big dog but it's definitely a start.

Edit---If you want to go with the "R" theme like Renegade why not Ravenous? The new Ravenous driver from Tour Swing, it devourers distance. This slogan is copyrighted :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.