• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New driver project (Solutions)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
great pickup - looking forward to hearing what you think of it

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
VT

Throw that bad boy into a CT250 from Golfworks. Best $50 you will ever spend. Nuff said!

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Great pickup..............excellent price. See my signature below........I have another not listed with the BB Solutions..........SQ 9.5º R flex, 45.5". I haven't had a chance to try them yet thanks to the brutal winter cold. :)

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The title says regular and the desc says stiff.

I guess I'll find out when it arrives ;)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
warbirdlover posted: Regular flex? Thought you were up there with swing speed. Excellent shaft and it's great in the CT250.... :D
Swing speed, swing speed, swing speed. You're just not a MAN unless you hit a S flex..................................bull$$it. My swing speed is as good as any average golfer. It comes down to what performs the best for you individually. I duck hook every S flex shaft I've ever tried. :)

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007

Yep, it's a .350" bore head. I've shafted 4 of these heads now. I used a .335 to .350 .015" brass shim and regular .335 ferrule and they're good to go. The hosel bore is slightly deeper on these heads than a lot of other heads I've run across but nothing major probably 1/8"-1/4".

Regular flex? Thought you were up there with swing speed. Excellent shaft and it's great in the CT250.... :D

The title says regular and the desc says stiff.

I guess I'll find out when it arrives ;)

That listing confused me too. I would have asked the seller I think. I would also want the the stiff flex if I were doing it again. ;)

OH!!! sssmokin likes them in reg flex, I've had better luck in stiff... I think you would too. :)

In the CT250 you want the "non-adjustable" (fixed screws) one all Titanium (not the composite crown one)...

https://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_1061_A_cn_E_672#description

Swing speed, swing speed, swing speed. You're just not a MAN unless you hit a S flex..................................bull$$it. My swing speed is as good as any average golfer. It comes down to what performs the best for you individually. I duck hook every S flex shaft I've ever tried. :)

For whatever reason the regular flex I have in mine doesn't agree with me. It may be the flex, the length or the reduced swingweight as a result of the shorter shaft -- I'm not sure but my normal consistent fade drives are all over the place with this combo. I built my driver an inch shorter than normal to experiment with a shorter driver. I normally play a 44.5" driver and built this one to 43.5". That is a great head though.

I'm not going to give up on it yet though. I will lengthen it by an inch to the same length as the rest of my drivers and try again. If it doesn't work out it will probably be a lot easier to sell a standard length driver than a shorter one. :D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Quote:
warbirdlover posted: Regular flex? Thought you were up there with swing speed. Excellent shaft and it's great in the CT250.... :D

sssmokin

I said that because I know VT had stiff flex in his other drivers... Not all of us have a 360º John Daly backswing you know (which gives the shaft twice the time to load and unload)... :D

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Looks like this project is on hold. I got this email from the seller when I asked him about the flex of the shaft.

Shoot,
I really messed up on this one.
I had listed this and a few other items a week ago and this didn;t sell. So I re-listed, but I hit the wrong one to re-list. I actually only have a CHROME in X-STIFF. I will refund your money ASAP if you do not want it. My appologies for this error. Tak care.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
VT, that sucks - think he's sincere or do you think he just can't part with such a good shaft for $25?

will he give you a red one in Stiff? - are you picky about color?

🔥 Latest posts