• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New driver

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So Cally is making heads with adjustable weights now? Didn't TM start that years ago? :)

Apparently, they do, Jim.

However, it was not a selling feature for me. I threw the 4/6 combo in and likely won't change. It feels good for weight, why would i change?

As a fitting tool, it's awesome. As for an adjustment option throughout the season, that's pure BS as far as I'm concerned. Same goes for the hosel. Once dialed, the wrench will be dusty.

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The Anser driver and i15 irons are the best gear Ping have made for years.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The Anser driver and i15 irons are the best gear Ping have made for years.

Lee Westwood & John Huh game the Ping G10 driver. There must be a good reason for continuing to do so ..

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yes, all technical. Westwood has the G10 set at 10.7 loft, it's just his own preference.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ps what point are you making, or are you just being obtuse?

I think his point was that not everyone is gung-ho to jump on the new equipment bandwagon, even the pros.

I hit the Anser, and while a great driver, I saw no difference between it and the I20. Other than the adjustability, it's the exact same driver performance wise.

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yeah, but that wasn't my point at all, I was simply saying its a good club and IMHO the best they've made for a while. He was implying in a rather obtuse way that because Westwood still used a 10.7 degree G10 then the Anser is a inferior club to the G10. Oosthazien used a Rapture, which everyone hated, and then bagged the Anser as soon as he hit it, he hated the G10.

IMHO, and I've hit them all, the Anser is their best driver for years, same with the i20 irons.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Dave how does the cavity look on those irons? Looking at the pics it seems kind of plasticy or gimicky to me? It could be just the pics though.

🔥 Latest posts