• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Driver

mtxbassshaker

Apr 23, 2006
Well guys.. I am only 16 yrs. old. and I have been playing golf since I was 2...and I will tell you this.. I bought a Titleist 975J the other day..yes, its a little older model, but hey, I got it for $55.. the guy said that it was in 9/10 condition.. I finally received it today.. forget the 9/10.. this club was PERFECT.. not a scratch on it.. Brand New Winn Grip... I went out and played with it as soon as i got it from the UPS guy.. I hit my longest drive EVER with this club.. 310 dead center on the very first hole.. this left 5 yards to the hole.. I played 17 more holes and not one drive that i hit correctly was less than 275 yds. I am truly amazed with this club and I feel I got the best deal on E-bay.. For the past 2 years I have been playing with an Infinity $40 dollar club from Dick's Sporting Goods... I used to swing as hard as I could dead straight and only hit it 230-240.. I was real happy when I did that too.. But knowing that I am hitting a lot further with this club I will never pick anything but a Titleist Driver ever as long as I live.... I cant wait to get back out there tomorrow and see how far I can hit and how much better my short game will be..seeing as though I forgot my Putter at HOME>>HAHA. If any of you are struggling with your drives and want a LONG AND FORGIVING CLUB.. You should definitely look into the 975J.. One of The Best Drivers I have ever hit beside the 983K and the 905T and 905S.. and I have been to every single golf demo you can think of.. not even the newest Callaways, Taylormades or Pings went as far as I hit today.. Oh yeah.. In other clubs I HAVE to hit at least a 10.5*b/c I cant get it off the ground, but for this club I bought a 9.5* and it still gets A LOT of height.. I could have actually gone with a 8.5* and been just fine.. I hope this helps anyone with any questions about Drivers.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Congrats on your new found driver. I wish I had a video or least wrote down what I was doing with my R7 when I first got it. I was just like you. I was just torching drives. Drove the green on a 315 yard par 4. Then there is this par 5 at a course I play. It is a 90* dogleg left with huge trees out around 270. I cleared the trees, must have been 70ft. off the ground at 270yds. I had about 90yds. left into a 490yd. par 5 after taking the shortcut. I've never done it or seen it done since. I'm starting to wonder if the R7 has lost it's pop or I have.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I know how you feel. I have a 975J myself with 8.5* of loft and it really is unbelievably long

🔥 Latest posts