• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Equiment for 2005 - Opinions?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Anyone have any of the new equipment for 05 just stuck in their heads? Anything that caught your eye, something you wouldn't mind having should it cross your path for the right price?

For some odd reason I like the look of the new Cleveland Hybrid clubs. I don't think i'd ever buy a Hybrid, but i'd like to hit this one. It just catches my eye for some odd reason.

I'm also a fan of the new Callaway X-Tour Forged irons. But I'm biased... :)

Anyone else out there seeing anything that makes them salivate?

R35
halo_hero.jpg
X-tour.jpg

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
I don't think i'd ever buy a Hybrid, but i'd like to hit this one. It just catches my eye for some odd reason.

R35

I can't wait until you come down here and I beat you sideways with my new TM Rescue Mid....

You manly man.... ;)

Don't tell me....you are Ahhhhnooold's half brother - from Austria.... :faintthud

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nah, just a Canuck that can hit his 3 iron! ;)

I also carry a 7 wood, so what's the point? Into the wind, 3 iron. Any other time, a nice 7 wood.

No need for a hybrid.

And I don't have a cousin named Arnold, sorry. I do have one named Mike, tho.

R35

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
WILSON STAFF IRONS

Here is a picture of the new Wilson Staff Pi5 irons. I have had these irons in my hands and they are sweet. Thin top line, not an oversized club head. These irons just plain look sharp. Can't wait to demo them.
Yah Canucks carry 3 irons, and we hit them too. I had a TM 19 degree Mid Rescue and played it for awhile, went back to my 3 iron, found it better into the wind. Plus I needed a stiffer shaft in the Mid Rescue so maybe that did not help my feelings towards it.
Wilson Staff Pi5.jpg

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I agree, those Staff PI5s look SWEET, but so do the FI5s. Some of the nicest clubs I've seen in a long time.

Like Rock, I'm very intrigued with the Halo. I'm thinking that if I can get it for a good price and like the feel, I might get the 2I loft to fill the gap between my Genex 4H and my 3 wood.

I'm a Canuck who doesn't like to hit his 3 and 4 iron, but then again, right now, I can't hit very many of my clubs, they're being dirty little girls and need a spanking.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yes, the FI5's are nice clubs from Wilson.

Speaking of forged, i was doing a little research last night and found a great article about Tom Wishon Golf. He makes unbeleivable clubs from what I understand, and they were rated as the top "unknown" clubs in the player category for 2004.

http://www.wishongolf.com/

Check out these babies...

R35
550m-5_big.jpg

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I have a hybrid and for the first 6 months I couldn't hit it. Now I love it. It is a Hogan 2 which I believe is 19 degrees with a graphite shaft. It is an amazing club.

But the thing I'm looking for this year is somewhat like what Phil Mickelson seems to have found. I "score" better with a prov1 regular but off the driver that ball is a good 20-30 yards shorter than a callaway black.

I'd love to find a ball that spins around the greens like a regular V1, but has the distance of a callaway black.

I'll have some of those new maxfli blacks soon and I hope that is the answer!

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Rock, the indoor training place that I go to sells those clubs. I'm gonna hit one tomorro when I go in, just for the fun of hitting a blade...never really have before, unless you count I3 Blades, which aren't real blades, imo.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. Let me know how it goes. From what I've read, a full set runs about 600 bucks US, full retail....very cheap in comparison to alot of other forged sets around these parts...

Thanks Silver,

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Well Rock, I hit the 7 iron a few times. It was on a very low tee (a mm or two off the ground) on the launch monitor and I just had real trouble making what felt like solid contact and the ball kept just popping up and landing about 130 (25 - 35 yards short of my normal 7I). I then grabbed my MX-23 7I and nailed on to 163 on the second swing.

I then grabbed the Wishon again and hit off the mat and had what felt like really great contact. I dunno, tough to say without seeing the ball flight, but it felt nice, generally, although I preferred the heavier weight and more solid feel of my own clubs, but that might be a reflection of the level of my game.

Looks nice at address and swings nicely...but I did have a bit of trouble hitting it. The 7I is the only one they have from that set to demo.

CG1MAN

Mar 1, 2005
HI everyone I'm new here. I am saving all my pennies right now to get my ideal setup... i want the cleveland cg1's, preferably 1-pw...and the cg10's in a custom arrangement consisting of 52 degree low bounce, 56 degree high bounce, and 60 degree medium bounce.... hybrids i think they are for some people, but not everyone... I currently only carry a cleveland driver as far as woods go. i do have a tommy armour 845 silver scott 1 iron that i like a lot. but that's me and i'm happy to be a member of this site.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great CG:

We love golf here and talk about many other things as well...It's kind of a social group. We don't care what you score as long as you love the game....

Where do you live and what are your other interests?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Welcome aboard CG1

A one iron man, eh? I have one and used to use it alot, I find that a fairway wood means I don't have to work so hard now. ;)

CG1MAN

Mar 1, 2005
in southeast texas. i also enjoy billiards and cars. and i am 24, with two kids.

🔥 Latest posts