• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New forum tools

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I upgraded the forum software and there is some interesting social (myspace type) stuff associated with it.

There is a totally new profile section that includes friends list, photo albums and all sorts of other stuff I haven't discovered yet.

access this by clicking on the user name or through the user cp. I don't find this particularly useful myself but some of you might....have fun with it.

BLOG..... This has been in place for awhile but my writers (not all of them) have let me down and not used it. The idea is to write articles, reviews, stories and tour commentary for me to use on the front page.

The blog is now on the navbar at the top of the page, any registered member can use it at any time and I will pick things for the front page.....not all content will go out front but it will all be accessible by the readers.

Jun 24, 2006
I upgraded the forum software and there is some interesting social (myspace type) stuff associated with it.

There is a totally new profile section that includes friends list, photo albums and all sorts of other stuff I haven't discovered yet.

access this by clicking on the user name or through the user cp. I don't find this particularly useful myself but some of you might....have fun with it.

BLOG..... This has been in place for awhile but my writers (not all of them) have let me down and not used it. The idea is to write articles, reviews, stories and tour commentary for me to use on the front page.

The blog is now on the navbar at the top of the page, any registered member can use it at any time and I will pick things for the front page.....not all content will go out front but it will all be accessible by the readers.

I always get a bunch of red X's when I read the blog section. Probably have to update a driver or something? anyone?
asdf.jpg

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Good fecking GOD!

You insufferable IE users! :p

Try a hard refresh (ctrl+F5)

You appear to be missing some greenery as well.
pic.jpg

Jun 24, 2006
Canadian Guy I have one thing to say to you. Firefox.

Ughh..yeah..Firefox.

I have it, and tried it but I keep losing my bookmarks. like..more than once a week the would all be gone. It became to much of a pain in the arse to put them back so I just started using IE7 again.

Plus I have buttons on my mouse that let me go back and forward in the pages..like the arrow in the menu bar up there..that dosn't work with firefox. It's quicker and easier to surf 6 different forums on IE.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Rockford is my friend, how quaint.
icon10.gif
WTF is this "reputation received" thing? I've got like a half dozen of them. A couple have comments and one guy just wrote POS on one of them? That stands for "Piece of $hit" where I come from... I've been called worse, lol.

Jun 24, 2006
Rockford is my friend, how quaint.
icon10.gif
WTF is this "reputation received" thing? I've got like a half dozen of them. A couple have comments and one guy just wrote POS on one of them? That stands for "Piece of $hit" where I come from... I've been called worse, lol.

ROFL..who did the POS one? Petersmells?

Ugh..it just feed back on some of your posts. See the little scale thing on the top of each post? click that and then you can approve of someones post or disprove..then the message gets sent to you along with a comment from that person. See the little green square by your post count? if you had alot of + feed back or "rep" there would be a bunch of green squares.

Look at Sling's...even though he probably edited it to make himself look popular, when no one has given him any + rep.

You get a lot of - rep and your square turns red..then you get a bunch of red squares depending on how much people hate you.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Look at Sling's...even though he probably edited it to make himself look popular, when no one has given him any + rep.

When you scroll your cursor over his reputation "Slingblade 61 has reputation beyond repute" lol. Everyone else is "on a distinguised road"

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I belong to a few boards & they have a "thanks" button for each post, one also has a "groan" button. You can collect thanks like Hotwheels cars, the person who dies with the most...still dies.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Will I get automatically banned for a $hitload of reds ones? What would you guys do without me?
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts