• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Golf Forum

thegolfforums.com

Master Professional
Oct 31, 2005
Hello. I'd like to introduce myself and my golf forum. I'm not here trying to take any business away from this great place, but just simply provide another alternative. http://www.thegolfforums.com/forums We are relatively new and have only 30 or so members in the month we've been online. I hope to see some fellow golfers checking in. Thanks and hit'em straight! :usflag:

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hello. I'd like to introduce myself and my golf forum. I'm not here trying to take any business away from this great place, but just simply provide another alternative.

LMAO!
:biglol:

OP
thegolfforums.com

thegolfforums.com

Master Professional
Oct 31, 2005
Slingblade61 said:
LMAO!
:biglol:

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure this place didn't start out as active as it is now. I wanted to make a post in the proper place and not start any trouble. Again, thanks for the welcome.
aforums.corvetteforum.com_images_smilies_seeya.gif

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
thegolfforums.com said:
I'm not here trying to take any business away from this great place, but just simply provide another alternative.

Having looked at your site, I don't think you'll take much, if any, business from here.

But why lie? Why advertise your own forum on another and even pretend that you're not trying to take business?

OP
thegolfforums.com

thegolfforums.com

Master Professional
Oct 31, 2005
I'm not lying. I've been on here for 2 hours staight searching around and reading topics trying to find one to get involved with. It's hard since I am admin on another forum and active on 6 other forums. My site has been active for less then a month. I've been working on more content to become more developed. Doesn't happen over night.

This area is for posting other golf sites is it not? There is a sticky up top for other golf forums.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
thegolfforums.com said:
This area is for posting other golf sites is it not? There is a sticky up top for other golf forums.

Indeed and under the sticky you mention there is an email address to use to contact the site administrator should you wish to add a link.

So I assume you contacted this site administrator out of courtesy before advertising your own forum?

OP
thegolfforums.com

thegolfforums.com

Master Professional
Oct 31, 2005
Kilted Arab said:
Indeed and under the sticky you mention there is an email address to use to contact the site administrator should you wish to add a link.

So I assume you contacted this site administrator out of courtesy before advertising your own forum?

Indeed I have. Thanks for the tip.
slap.gif
smilielol.gif

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Really?
I must have missed it. ;)

The forum in question was actually never intended for other people to put their links, it was intended for me or the other members to put links that they enjoy.

What you are doing could be loosely interpreted as SPAM, in spite of your protestations to the contrary.

But since I have never really defined the rules there it has taken on a life of it's own.

That said, I am much more willing to allow such things than most other boards, try posting this stuff at www.golfrewind.com and see how long you last......15 minutes (max) would be my guess.

Anyway, good luck with the forum! :)

OP
thegolfforums.com

thegolfforums.com

Master Professional
Oct 31, 2005
Sling... Thanks man. I read and didn't see anything as such. I have joined other golf related boards and have not advertised the new forum because there are not dedicated areas for golf related sites. Spam is definately not fun and I don't plan on being a troll and posting once and then leaving. The only reason why I posted was due to the dedicated area for other golf related sites. I thank you for being slack on it. It takes time to grow. Take care ya'll! :)

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Just so you guys know

I found out about this place at the golf forums website. I really do not see the problem, in my astronomy hobby I am a moderator on one site and still a member of another prominent site. There are guys who are moderators at both sites, so why should golf be so uppity?

Just so you know, I can see the rip coming 8 lanes wide, but I am going to post anyhow.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Congratulations Davebud!

You very first post made no sense.

"uppity"?

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
uppity

Uppity=Unable to share a sense of communtiy, due to inherent ignorance.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Davebud said:
Uppity=Unable to share a sense of communtiy, due to inherent ignorance.

Well then this strikes me as an uppity post.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Let me explain something to you DAVE.......

You are an idiot.

You come here and break my balls on your first post and you have the sack to call me uppity!?

Your buddy there got his stones broken (gently) because he spammed my board on HIS first post. That's not the way things work mr. chump.

Take your post and your forum over to www.golfrewind.com They love new things and will kiss your ass in a way that makes you happier than I have.

Then try shopping it at www.bombsquadgolf.com I'm sure your experience there will be positively genteel.

Finally, give www.golfreview.com a jiggle....ask for Besson. He'll treat you like a fecking king!

🔥 Latest posts