• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Golfer - Mizuno Mx-950 or Nickent 4DX CB?

vivek

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am new to golf and currently have been to driving range fe times. Also currently taking lessons. Currently I don't have any clubs and am looking to buy a new iron set. I plan to sticking to golf for sure as I am loving it so far and am able to hit reasonably well to get excited.

Now I am looking to buy a new iron set, potentially a hybrid. I have looked at the MX-950 as well as the Nickent 4DX CB. I have played with MX-950 6 iron in the driving range. Have never played with any Nickent. Would prefer to buy something that I can use for a long time and not throwaway.

I have seen the MX-950 currently going for $424 and the 4DX-CB for ~$270. What do you suggest? Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vivek

while i am a beginner like you and cant offer much advice, i have heard that mizuno clubs are actually pretty nice for beginners. Some of their clubs have a larger cavity back that allow for more forgiveness which is something ,personally, i couldnt live without. i would for sure read some club reviews on both. by the way i would check out globalgolf.com which is where i get a lot of my clubs cause u can get them at great deals, especially used clubs. since u are a beginner i would see about gettin a good set of used clubs cause that what was recommeneded to me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520