• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Grip advice

coachnd

Jan 21, 2010
Looking at getting new grips this winter. Currently have tour velvets. They are ok.. I have heard a lot about the Itonic Takki-mac's. Are they as good as advertised? I really need a grip that will perform when wet. I play in the rain, and my hands sweat a lot. Thanks

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I hate those Takki-macs. They surely are "Tacky" . An alternative which I love to Tour Velvets are GOlf Pride's Dual Durometer (DD2). Very soft grips which absorb a lot of vibration. Or maybe the old Multi compound which is an all-around good performance grip, and works great in rain...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I switched up from the TV's to the Lamkin Performance Plus. They have a similar texture which is familar, but the grip absorbs a bit more sweat than the TV's do. They're similarily priced as well. have a look at these if you want performance, a good price point and something close to home to what you've been using.

R35

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Sharpro dual compound which are half corded. Exactly like a Golf Pride Duel Compound, but 1/3 the price.

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Sharpro dual compound which are half corded. Exactly like a Golf Pride Duel Compound, but 1/3 the price.

Never tried them, but I hear they are an excellent option. The Dual Compounds are nice, and good-looking, but to replace the grips bag-wide with them will cost a purdy penny.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I've got so many grips, I know I shouldn't buy anymore. I've got new grips on 2 of my 3 sets, and I have TV cords and Iomic Stickys waiting for their chance to go into the bag.

But I'd give the Lamkin Performance plus 3GEN grips a try. Thinkin' about getting 2-3 for my wedges and see how they go. Normally those are the first to get worn, and dirty. For the price they are a good deal I think. Not sure if I'll like how heavy they are though. They also have some new grips the N-DUR, which are like the multi compound GP's.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sharpro's or New Decades are the best I've found. But Tour Velvets were my grip for years and are great grips.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Winn, winn, WINN!!!!! They don't get much love here, but I have used nothing but winn for 15 years.... Soft, firm, and everything in between. eBay much cheaper than your local golf shop.....

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If you're looking for a low cost option for a decent grip that I haven't heard much about on this board, you should try Medallist from Golfsmith. I bought a bunch last season and they are surprisingly good for the cost. They are soft under your hand but firm up closer to the shaft, don't know if that makes sense but that's the best way that I can explain it. I got the black/blue ones but they also offer a TV style as well for $.99. Can't really go wrong there, $14 to regrip all the clubs in your bag.

Here are the blue/black ones, looks like the price went up a bit, but still pretty decent if you buy 10 or more. And they are pretty decent grips.

Medallist Blue/ Black Grip at Golfsmith.com

And here are the TV style, I will be ordering a bunch of these soon...

Medallist Medallist Velvet Mens Grip at Golfsmith.com

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Never tried them, but I hear they are an excellent option. The Dual Compounds are nice, and good-looking, but to replace the grips bag-wide with them will cost a purdy penny.

The Sharpro's are $3.15 at TGW: Sharpro Golf Club Grips and every bit as good as the 8 dollar GPMC's. Couple guys on here play them, I have them and won't use anything else.....I think WBL plays the same white Sharpro I play as well. I'm thinking you could do the whole sack of clubs for under 50 bones.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online