• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New here

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
United States United States
Hi All, I joined in the last month or so. Primarily as a lurker- soaking up insights. I’m new to golf. My folks were/are golfers so I grew up with the game and have a theoretical understanding. Starting off with an eclectic set of clubs i have cobbled together. A few are my Mom’s. I have a pro teacher and also go to the range with my 89 year old Dad. They are both on the same page (Dad has me reading Penick’s Little Red Book).
After years of resisting playing-I’m addicted!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Awesome, welcome aboard! If you ever have any questions about anything golf, chances are you'll find it here.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The "Little Red Book" is a fantastic place to begin!!! A classic!!

Folks haul their kids around for softball, soccer, etc. Then, once out of high school, they may never play those games again. Golf?? You can play it your entire life. It's great for networking in your chosen career. It's great for exercise if you have a desk job. And, when you retire??? I play 6 or 7 days/week. 75 years old. So much better than sitting in a recliner and rotting away.

Please keep in mind that golf can be extremely evil. One day you think you have the game mastered. The next day it will kick you in the butt!!! It's a mental game, much more than a physical game. Can be so rewarding and so frustrating at the same time.

Welcome to the Game!!! Always leave the course in better condition than you found it. Respect the course and the people you are playing golf with.

OP
S

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
Thanks for the welcome! And the words of advice and insight. I’m enjoying the simplicity of the Little Red Book. It’s direct and makes sense. Then there is the execution. Oy!
I am 56 and just taking it up. Kinda wish I did sooner, but just glad I finally got to this great game.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
It is never too late to start. 👍. Enjoy the ride.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Welcome and as was said, enjoy the ride! Both on the course, and here. We always enjoy new members who hangout, ask questions, share stories, and generally put up with our BS.

About Glark...just stay away from him.

OP
S

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
Okay guys, now I’m feeling bad for eclark. Poor guy! 😂

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Oops! Sorry about that.
Don't pay any attention to these guys. Sometime back eclark bragged about his Glock handguns. So, the eclark became "Glark". Yes, not all of us on ShotTalk are totally sane individuals!!! :>)

MC has the hots for Glark's wife, even though they are half a country apart. We really believe MC really has the hots for Glark!!! WBL and ssmokin' are brothers. Live in central Wisconsin. So, they talk funny. You can almost hear that northern accent in their posts. IG lives in Ireland but travels to the U.S. with his work. Many years ago was a caddy at an upscale northeastern U.S. country club. Greg lives in Arizona where it's always hotter than Hades. Tea wields the "ban hammer" and has used it for some past members. He's in the upper northwest U.S. Don't know if he can spell "engineer"... but is one. Quite a few more come and go from time to time. Most of us have fought like sisters for a number of years, on line. If anyone corrects you or gets out of line, kick them in the shins and put the in their place!

As you will see, the membership is mostly male. Don't let that... or us/them... intimidate you!! We welcome new input and conversation. We understand having a lady in our presence will require us to be on our best behavior. For some of us old geezers, our feeble old minds may occasionally blank out on manners and etiquette.
And... as you see above... I keep my posts extremely short and utilize few words to get my points across. Never would I ever be accused of a little wordiness!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online