• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New home for the next four years

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
I am happy to say that Lexington, KY will be my new home for the next 4 years of my life. So all you Kentucky guys up here I need a foursome for the weekends man!

Go Big Blue! :)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The end of March, Warbirdlover and I make our annual trip to KY near the Kentucky Dam area for a few days. Maybe you could join us for a round.:)

OP
flomarilius

flomarilius

Jun 19, 2006
Won't be up there until about august of 08 though with the whole college thing. I just want to like know how much different courses up there are from down here. I mean are we still talking Bermuda FW and Bermuda Greens?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I was expecting to see a picture of San Quinten or something like it.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Won't be up there until about august of 08 though with the whole college thing. I just want to like know how much different courses up there are from down here. I mean are we still talking Bermuda FW and Bermuda Greens?

I just did a google search on golf courses in the Lexington area and it looks like it's far enough north that most courses have bentgrass greens and a variety of different fairway grasses (bluegrass, bentgrass or bermuda). I would also expect some zoysia fairways too as they take summer heat well and are fairly low maintenance. Around Kansas City (where I'm located) this is pretty typical for courses here and we're close to the same latitude as Lexington, maybe 50-75 miles further north.

OP
flomarilius

flomarilius

Jun 19, 2006
bentgrass huh? Isn't that the kind of grass thats regarded as ulta-fast? I really don't know much beside bermuda because thats all we have down here with the exception of "champion turf" which I classify as fancy bermuda :).

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
bentgrass huh? Isn't that the kind of grass thats regarded as ulta-fast? I really don't know much beside bermuda because thats all we have down here with the exception of "champion turf" which I classify as fancy bermuda :).

If they mow it tight and let it dry out a bit, yeah it can be lightning fast.

Hint: In 1981 they switched all the greens at Augusta National to bentgrass. :D

OP
flomarilius

flomarilius

Jun 19, 2006
-_-... looks like im in for a treat come campus visit time. Atleast my game is working wonders for me right now =D!

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Last time Youngun5 and I played, we played an old school (circa 1910) muni course here that has small rolling crowned bentgrass greens. No rain in quite a while and past growing season so the greens were deadly fast. Oh yeah, it was a really windy day too.

He and I both had slightly downhill, downwind putts that we just barely got started and rolled them off the green! Fun stuff. :laugh:

Johnson County Park & Recreation District: Tomahawk Hills Golf Course

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.