• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New in the bag for 2012

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Picked up a few newcomers for the 2012 bag. Looking forward to blading them all over the place.

R35
2012new1.jpg
2012new2.jpg
2012new3.jpg
2012new4.jpg

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Need a club for 230+ off the tee that isn't a hybrid.

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Love the wedges, and I wish you the best of luck with the 2 iron. I tried one and never could get the hang of it, but I'm sure you're a far better player than I am and can hit it. Although one of the prettiest, and most rewarding shots I ever hit was that 2 iron off the deck from about 225 out and landed and held the green. But sadly in my case, that was the exception, not the rule, I had a hard time even hitting it decent off a tee on the tee box?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Love the wedges, and I wish you the best of luck with the 2 iron. I tried one and never could get the hang of it, but I'm sure you're a far better player than I am and can hit it. Although one of the prettiest, and most rewarding shots I ever hit was that 2 iron off the deck from about 225 out and landed and held the green. But sadly in my case, that was the exception, not the rule, I had a hard time even hitting it decent off a tee on the tee box?

Ya, but which green? :D

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ya, but which green? :D

R35

Lol, it was actually the green I was aiming at, number 8 hole, long par 4 , slight dogleg left. I'd hit 3 wood off the tee box and was about 225-230 out. The round wasn't an especially pretty or good round so I figured, WTH, lets try this puppy off the deck. To mine and my playing partners surprise, I purred the shot, landed right on the front fringe, bounced a couple of times and rolled back to within 5 fet of the flag. I even made the putt, one of the few times I've ever birdied that hole.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
2 iron? Wow...for the first time in my life I'm actually proud of a Canadian! ;)

Used to love my 2 iron! Once you get used to it, it's actually a very versatile club. Face is so flat that it's actually a great choice when you hit one poorly and wind up needing to go under limbs. Choke down, punch the snot out of it, and the ball will come screaming out and never get more than about 5 feet off the ground. Then, it'll roll for days! Yes, I know this from experience...more than I care to admit!

It's also pretty good for a bump and run near the green when you just need to hop over something in your path.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Interesting sticks Rocky. Perhaps you should drop Geoff Ogilvy a line about the 2 iron. He carries a 2 iron & the bugger can hit it high, medium & low; anyway he wants it. But then again, he is a touring pro. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nothing new for me this year. I'll have to live thru others

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.