• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Irons for 08 season

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I decided to put of buying irons until next season, as I didn't want to start changing during the season, not that it was much of a season anyway :( . I was trying irons over the summer and I tried probably 5 different sets and I just couldn't find anything I like, maybe I am to fussy, but I didn't like the titleist 735,s, taylormade tp's felt a little heavy, and I tried the mp 32's which where nice but I think I need to go to a rifle s400's as the s300 just felt a little weak so I may give them another rattle. Can anyone recommend a set of irons from personal experience, and how they felt they played? I am open to an manufacture or style of club. I was considering the murias but I don't have 1k handy.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Callaway X-Forged feel as good as anything out there and still offer enough forgiveness and imo look the best of any set of sticks I have seen bar, perhaps, TM TP MB..:cool:

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Yeh I agree the TM mb TPs are very nice irons. I didnt particularly like the Cally X-Forged, then again I may have to try them again.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I was at a golf store in the late summer before I left and just couldnt find a single iron i'd think to buy either man, its not just you, or maybe its just the two of us:p.

But I lucked out and picked up the j33bs for cheap, now its just a matter if I can hit them:laugh:

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I personally love the Taylormade R7 TPs but everyone has different preferences.

Ty

I was sent a set of those, returned them to Taylor Made in five days, just didn't like the feel or ball flight from them. One of my assistants plays them and loves them, so as you said, "everyone has different preferences."

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Callaway X-Forged feel as good as anything out there and still offer enough forgiveness and imo look the best of any set of sticks I have seen bar, perhaps, TM TP MB..:cool:

I was thinking about the x fordged's but I have never used a set of callaway irons and they are at the upper end on my budget, but I might give them ago.

But I lucked out and picked up the j33bs for cheap, now its just a matter if I can hit them:laugh:

I was strongly considering bridge stones as I have always fancied them, what shafts are you playing in them? And what sort of flight do you get of them?

1QUIK993

Oct 14, 2007
I used to have the R7 irons and they were great. Now I play with the X20's and MP67. They are both great irons and you can't go wrong. Go try them about and buy what feels best

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I used to have the R7 irons and they were great. Now I play with the X20's and MP67. They are both great irons and you can't go wrong. Go try them about and buy what feels best

I believe he needs a more "player's style" iron. They don't call him "The Master" for nothing...
icon12.gif

Members online