• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New KC Chiefs Coach!!1

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
As I stated in the NFL thread, Jacksonville needs Tebow. Not because of his playing skills because he sucks and will suck even more playing for the Jaguars, but due to the fact he brings the media and the money...

Jacksonville hasn't been able to fill the stadium, even on discount tickets. Tebow will bring people to the stadium and will be able to bring people back. Two or three years of reconstruction and then to find a real QB and that would be all.....or maybe the Jags move to Los Angeles?
I agree. The only way Tebow plays QB in the NFL is if a team buys fully into the option, and I don't see that happening. And the only reason he goes to Jax is for the reasons you mention.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
As I stated in the NFL thread, Jacksonville needs Tebow. Not because of his playing skills because he sucks and will suck even more playing for the Jaguars, but due to the fact he brings the media and the money...

Jacksonville hasn't been able to fill the stadium, even on discount tickets. Tebow will bring people to the stadium and will be able to bring people back. Two or three years of reconstruction and then to find a real QB and that would be all.....or maybe the Jags move to Los Angeles?

Tebow was a great College Football player because he had the right coach that had the right system and he was able to take advantage of it. I mean, he basically had to relearn how to throw a football when he left college. Everyone told him his throwing motion in College wouldn't work in the NFL but it worked in College and Urban Meyer wasn't going to change that because it was his job to win and Tebow won (until we stopped it in 2009 :D)

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Tebow is one of the worst QBs in football history and I'm a Cardinal fan. I know a bad QB when I see one.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And all that being said, he did lead the Broncos into the playoffs last year and win a playoff game.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
And all that being said, he did lead the Broncos into the playoffs last year and win a playoff game.

Same team with Peyton Manning is ranked first in the AFL, 13-3 (which should have been a 15-1 actually), and most probably the next SB champ. So, again, was Teabow really the reason they were able to win some games?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Same team with Peyton Manning is ranked first in the AFL, 13-3 (which should have been a 15-1 actually), and most probably the next SB champ. So, again, was Teabow really the reason they were able to win some games?
No, it's a team game after all. But you can't deny he led the team to the playoffs and a win.

Also, you can't compare him to Manning, he's an all time great.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
No, it's a team game after all. But you can't deny he led the team to the playoffs and a win.

Also, you can't compare him to Manning, he's an all time great.
Also, you can't compare him to Manning because he's never even been a starter for a whole year and he's only been in the leage two years now.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Also, you can't compare him to Manning because he's never even been a starter for a whole year and he's only been in the leage two years now.
I would honestly like to see what would happen if a team took him, bought into the option and tried to win that way.

For what it's worth, Seattle and Washington are running different styles of the option.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
They won last year in spite of him, not because of him.
I'm not sure you can say that. They had other QB's try to help the team win, would you say Tebow is better than Ortin?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
No. He was 126 for 271 a whopping 46.5% and 12 TDs. Now he did run for 660 yards, maybe he should be a running back. Denver made the playoffs last year because of great defense and they ran the ball ok.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
No. He was 126 for 271 a whopping 46.5% and 12 TDs. Now he did run for 660 yards, maybe he should be a running back. Denver made the playoffs last year because of great defense and they ran the ball ok.
I'm not saying its pretty or that he could become a great passer. I just think if a team goes all in and sets up a good defense and his style offense than it could work.

And really, what does Jacksonville have to lose? Or Arizona, KC, Buffalo, even Oakland...

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And really, what does Jacksonville have to lose? Or Arizona, KC, Buffalo, even Oakland...
Of those... or any NFL team... Jacksonville is the ONLY one that stands to gain. They will gain some season ticket sales simply because of the name. I cannot see why any of the others would give up the possibility of acquiring a better QB via draft or trade than Tebow is.

Manning was signed for one season at Denver. Due to his neck issues, Denver wasn't even certain Manning would make it past the first quarter of play before another injury would take him out. Yet, they did not have enough faith in Tebow to keep him.
Ryan's job was on the line all season. Sanchez did NOT play well. Yet, with his own career at stake, Ryan didn't feel Tebow was the answer.
I don't see any teams lining up to get a shot at signing Tebow. There is not a good crop of QB prospects available in the upcoming draft. If Tebow had real value... If NFL teams thought he could even give them something improved over what they have or better than minimal draft prospects, why aren't they clamoring to grab him?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Of those... or any NFL team... Jacksonville is the ONLY one that stands to gain. They will gain some season ticket sales simply because of the name. I cannot see why any of the others would give up the possibility of acquiring a better QB via draft or trade than Tebow is.

Manning was signed for one season at Denver. Due to his neck issues, Denver wasn't even certain Manning would make it past the first quarter of play before another injury would take him out. Yet, they did not have enough faith in Tebow to keep him.
Ryan's job was on the line all season. Sanchez did NOT play well. Yet, with his own career at stake, Ryan didn't feel Tebow was the answer.
I don't see any teams lining up to get a shot at signing Tebow. There is not a good crop of QB prospects available in the upcoming draft. If Tebow had real value... If NFL teams thought he could even give them something improved over what they have or better than minimal draft prospects, why aren't they clamoring to grab him?
Everything you said is spot on and I agree. That being said, he does move the needle regardless of where he plays.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online