• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New member? I hope so...

Horseballs

Sep 6, 2006
Hello Shottalk members and recently departed GR members. I think I also may be leaving the formerly friendly confines of GR. Not because that place was too mean or rough, but because it's getting boring over there now that they promoted an iron-fisted moron as a moderator (no offense Ironman, but you are both iron-fisted and a moron).
I see a lot of familiar names over here, and I hope to contribute when I can.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Calling my members names from the get go does nothing to ingratiate yourself with me.

What is it with you GR guys? are you all utterly and irrepairably brain damaged?

I look forward to more positive contributions.

Welcome aboard.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hello Horseballs...welcome aboard...

We're pretty even handed here and keep the discussion non-personal...good natured kidding is welcomed though...

OP
H

Horseballs

Sep 6, 2006
Calling my members names from the get go does nothing to ingratiate yourself with me.

What is it with you GR guys? are you all utterly and irrepairably brain damaged?

I look forward to more positive contributions.

Welcome aboard.
Haha!! I like irony too.
Thanks, I'll do my best.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I really like that area. I live in Birmingham and I worked for a healthcare IT company (HQ in Denver) for ten years.

We had an office in Cincinnati on I-71 the interstate to Columbus. I flew into the Northern KY airport and drove across the bridge...I started to eat the 4 way and 5 way Chili...

A couple of years ago on GR, somebody from the UK put up a post asking about chili recipes. I found the 4-5 Way Chili recipes online and posted them. They actually went into their kitchen and made it! Loved it too...

Our employees there were a partying bunch and I can remember waking up with a hangover more than once..very pretty area as well...

OP
H

Horseballs

Sep 6, 2006
Nice. Skyline is typically an acquired taste.
I played the RTJ courses in Birmingham in March '05. I believe I putted off the green at least twice. Great, super-tough courses.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Nice. Skyline is typically an acquired taste.
I played the RTJ courses in Birmingham in March '05. I believe I putted off the green at least twice. Great, super-tough courses.

Yeah I have posted pix about them here. They will beat your butt. There is a new one that opened here (the 3rd one) called Ross Bridge which is 8300 yards and it has a Marriott resort on it which is getting a lot of traffic.

Weekend after next, my traveling group (which usually goes somewhere else in the US or overseas) is going to play in Alabama. We are going to the RTJ complexes in Auburn and Prattville to play the Lakes Course (rated #82 by Golf Magazine) and the Judge (rated #70).

I am going to post a ton of pix after I get back. I'll be whipsawed by those courses for certain...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
As I am sure you are aware from the past, I usually didn't shy away from the mean and rough side over there either. It is certainly not what drove me away, that was more the predictability in the lack of maturity of a large portion of the controversial posts. The difference between arguing a "difference in opinion" , and simply trying to hard to be controversial. As you mentioned, the less intellectually challenging it became, the less interest I had in participating.

I think our only disagreement over there was when you stepped in and pointed out at one time that I was in fact stooping to that level out of frustration. From my experience, I'm sure you will find it more laid back over here, and I'm sure you will appreciate the level of conversation in how people support their opinions over here. Actually, I believe Ironman may have fallen in Sling's bunker this morning for doing just what you mentioned. One of the main differences is that Sling and the rest have a good method of dealing with people that step way over the line, outside of a name change.

Welcome Aboard!!!

OP
H

Horseballs

Sep 6, 2006
As I am sure you are aware from the past, I usually didn't shy away from the mean and rough side over there either. It is certainly not what drove me away, that was more the predictability in the lack of maturity of a large portion of the controversial posts. The difference between arguing a "difference in opinion" , and simply trying to hard to be controversial. As you mentioned, the less intellectually challenging it became, the less interest I had in participating.

I think our only disagreement over there was when you stepped in and pointed out at one time that I was in fact stooping to that level out of frustration. From my experience, I'm sure you will find it more laid back over here, and I'm sure you will appreciate the level of conversation in how people support their opinions over here. Actually, I believe Ironman may have fallen in Sling's bunker this morning for doing just what you mentioned. One of the main differences is that Sling and the rest have a good method of dealing with people that step way over the line, outside of a name change.

Welcome Aboard!!!
Hey! I was wondering where you went.
I'm a fairly adept bunker player, but I'll try to avoid it. Sometimes it's tough not to shoot at the sucker pin tucked right over that bunker (to continue the metaphor at least one step too far).

ironman

Sep 2, 2006
Wecome aboard

Blow smoke rings from my tobbaco pipe
For the company we keep

"The young fir that falls and rots
Having neither needles nor bark,
So is the fate of the friendless man:
Why should he live long?

Little a sand-grain, little a dew drop,
Little the minds of men:
All men are not equal in wisdom,
The half-wise are everywhere"

Yet tis better to have been labled a dimwit
Then as a coward in the time of need

"A man should be loyal through life to friends,
And return gift for gift,
Laugh when they laugh,
but with lies repay
A false foe who lies."

Now pass the beer and swing well while you can

“Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes”

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Hey! I was wondering where you went.
Yeah, I posted on both for a while and just found it much more enjoyable over here.

So, how did the Lasik's surgery pan out for you and your wife, did it come around O.K.? I know you were having doubts about your's shortly afterwards.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Blow smoke rings from my tobbaco pipe
I saw you smoked cigars on the course in favor of your pipe. Try out some Middleton Cherry's some time, that's what I smoke on the course. Probably because I can inhale them, and they're only 5 for $2. They are Pipe tobbaco. :) Good to see you have a good taste in beer as well.

OP
H

Horseballs

Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, I posted on both for a while and just found it much more enjoyable over here.

So, how did the Lasik's surgery pan out for you and your wife, did it come around O.K.? I know you were having doubts about your's shortly afterwards.
All is well, and thank you for asking. The right eye took about 6 weeks to fully heal, hence the initial apprehension.

One Wood,
You are a poet and a scholar. My Latin is a little rusty though. Cheers!

🔥 Latest posts