• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new nike driver

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
i was at my friend's golf shop last night and the nike rep was there. i went out to the demo trailer and got a look at their new line of clubs. i cannot remember the name of their new driver but i do remember that i almost vomitted all over the trailer. i thought this thing was fugly. the new head is pretty much shaped like a rectangular hibore.

i told the rep that i didn't think that i could stand over a driver that looked like that and he said that i must not want to hit the ball straight. i kind of laughed and said well, there is a guy on the launch monitor inside and he has about a 60 yard slice. lets see if he can hit it straight with this new fandangled thing. he said no way cause it was his only one. its too bad, i really wanted to see this thing in action lol.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's called the Sumo. And it's Fugly.

R35
Sumo.JPG

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
thats it! i was beating myself in the head trying to remember the name of that thing. maybe it is better i do forget cause that thing will probably give me nightmares.

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
its funny, i really didn't care for the looks of the hibore but after i saw the sumo i went back into the store and looked at the hibore again and thought that it didn't look too bad.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I think anyone who uses one of them should be banned from this forum. That is the worst looking most ridiculous golf club there has ever been and you should be ashamed of yourself if you even consider trying one out. i kant e'en type proply koz i vommd on my keyboad wen i saw it

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
OK guys, enough of the fugly clubs. i am running out of vomit bags and it is beginning to smell very badly over here.

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
is there anyone playing the nike sumo on tour? i can't imagine Tiger playing with that thing, i mean, you have to draw the line somewhere.

now that i think about it, tiger should play with it. the nike rep said that if you want to hit straight drives you gotta have this driver. so look out world, when tiger puts this in his bag he will never miss another fairway.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's a game improvement driver. I doubt anyone on Tour will play it. More than likely the Sasquatch Tour is the go to club for those guys.

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
That thing is a ugly as my golf swing. We should be very happy together. If anyone has one, I'll trade my 905T for it, straight up.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
It's called the Sumo. And it's Fugly.

R35

Jeebuz batman! How anyone will buy that amazes me. I mean, I'm amazed with sssmokin and the SQ, but jeez, the SQ looks like Heidi Klum next to that thing.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It's a game improvement driver. I doubt anyone on Tour will play it. More than likely the Sasquatch Tour is the go to club for those guys.

R35

Tiger, has had a proto-type of this driver in his bag for a while now. There were some pics of him from a recent tourney posing after hitting a drive and it's the Sumo!!!

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Tiger, has had a proto-type of this driver in his bag for a while now. There were some pics of him from a recent tourney posing after hitting a drive and it's the Sumo!!!

That is one of those things that I could've gone my entire life without knowing and would have been better off for it!

🔥 Latest posts