• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Nike Shoes

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Anyone try out or have the new SP-8's? I saw a commercial and checked them out online http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/flash_reg.jhtml

Sorry, edit here, you'll have to click on products and go to shoes/SP and then look at the SP-8's, the first 2 listed. (stupid flash) They say MSRP $220 but they are everywhere for less than $170. $100 on Ebay by March no doubt.

They have this "power channel" that apparently will allow the instep to flex seperately from the outside of the foot. I thought this sounded like a pretty good step up in technology, so much of my ballstriking improvements have come from staying on the instep at impact. What do you guys think, BS or something worth looking in to?

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I'm working on a repeatable swing. W/O that the shoes won't help me much I'm affraid

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I am not a big fan of white golf shoes. I like the SP-5's though. I usually stick with Adidas golf shoes since they are the most comfortable for me and my funky feet.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I have the SP-7s, the white with black heel.

THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COMFORTABLE! and for me its so hard to find golf shoes because of an ankle injury... Just great shoes, and they look great with mostly all of my gear because of the white/black on the shoe instead of a solid dark/light colour.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I may try the black ones for next year. I love my black Adidas climacools but they have vents on the side and bottom, translation, wet feet. Great for June-Aug. I have the DryJoy PRO's and they suck. My heels are killing me after 18, nevermind 27.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I got some new Adidas a few weeks back, like Garcia's. I love them

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
Currently playing in FootJoy cool-ice (or something like that). Keep me dry, but definitely sore feet after around 15 holes. Want to definitely look at these next year when I get my next Nike employee store guest pass!! :) :) :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Currently playing in FootJoy cool-ice (or something like that). Keep me dry, but definitely sore feet after around 15 holes. Want to definitely look at these next year when I get my next Nike employee store guest pass!! :) :) :)

Keep me in mind.
icon10.gif

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I got some new Adidas a few weeks back, like Garcia's. I love them

The 360 Tours, red and black? If so, do those have vents? They look very similar to the Climacools I have. Mine have mesh on the sides and vents underneath with mesh through the bottom. Obviously not good for wet weather or soggy grass. They are awesome in the summer though. I can feel air coming up through the bottom, really cool. Plus I like the black shoes, black glove thing.
icon10.gif

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
Keep me in mind.
icon10.gif

Possibly, but there might be a fee involved... In reality, they limit the total $$ you can spend in a day, somewhere around $500 I think. When I was there the last time, they had some newer golf shoes around $90-120, not sure what model. The prices are usually 50-60% of MSRP, so if those shoes are $220 MSRP, then expect $120 for them at the store...

Bidding will start soon for the next trip. Actually, most of you hate the Nike golf clubs, but they have great prices on shoes, decent price on balls (like around $30 for a dozen Nike ONE Black or Platinum), shirts, etc...

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, can't really think of any Nike clubs I'd want in the bag. Apparel is a different story. I started using Nike Durafeels and they are the best glove I've ever used by far. They last way longer than Mizuno's. I've never tried thier golf shoes but other sneakers (basketball, running) have been very durable and comfortable. Unless Adiddas comes out with something really impressive (and black) I'll prob. go with the Nikes.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I have black with three white stripe climacool 3's to wear with shorts. If I am competing it is stricktly Footjoy Classics and Microfiber Slacks. I am currently in the market for some replacements for my Classics cause they do hurt my feet.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I hate shorts, never wear them.

In competition I wear yellow shirts and black pants on my last day. It's my own thing, yellow and black were my motorcycle racing colors.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.