• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New personal best

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I shot a 73 (36-37) this morning before work with my usual group. We roll the ball in the dew and soft conditions this time of year, so it's not really an official round and won't be going in the ghin.

I don't usually post about my scores, but today I had one of those days where I kinda just got over the ball and everything seemed natural. I managed my game very well - our short course 6100 yards is a bombers delight with many wedges into greens and while the par 5's are not reachable right now, they only require about a 30 yard pitch after 2 good whacks. I basically was lucky enough to get up and down for three birdies on the par 5's against only 4 bogeys. Lots of good pitch and putts today. I'm rolling the ball well now, I'm going to have a decision to make when my new putter arrives.

It's amazing how much easier the course plays in the morning while it is soft and just after it gets mowed.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This is exatly the time that you should keep everything in your bag as it is and don't even consider changing it. It's proven to be a winner, so don't mess with it.

Well done, even if it was with a Titleist.

;)

R35

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Wow, that's awesome. I can't wait to get out on the course with my new equipment.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Sweet stuff Vt. Nice round and well done for holding it together. Only thing you should change is your socks and shorts!

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
39 in league tonight. 2 more birds. Tracy is not going anywhere.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
I shot a 73 (36-37) this morning before work with my usual group. We roll the ball in the dew and soft conditions this time of year, so it's not really an official round and won't be going in the ghin.

I don't usually post about my scores, but today I had one of those days where I kinda just got over the ball and everything seemed natural. I managed my game very well - our short course 6100 yards is a bombers delight with many wedges into greens and while the par 5's are not reachable right now, they only require about a 30 yard pitch after 2 good whacks. I basically was lucky enough to get up and down for three birdies on the par 5's against only 4 bogeys. Lots of good pitch and putts today. I'm rolling the ball well now, I'm going to have a decision to make when my new putter arrives.

It's amazing how much easier the course plays in the morning while it is soft and just after it gets mowed.

39 in league tonight. 2 more birds. Tracy is not going anywhere.

congrats on the good rounds.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Congrats, it's always a satisfying feeling to post a personal best.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Someone is having a pretty good week...

Great job going low after posting (or not posting) a new PR.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
thank you - it's nice to see the short game starting to come around

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Congrats VT. Sounds like you were in the zone, if you find a way to stay in it, please let us know. :D

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Congrats VT. Sounds like you were in the zone, if you find a way to stay in it, please let us know. :D

Not really, just safe enough to stay away from the doubles, and giving myself good chances on the par 5's. This is an easy course, there are 2 brutal par 4s and 2 200 yard par 3's but the rest is bomber wedge golf. If I can minimize the damage on those holes and they keep the greens civilized that 72 is out there for me. I hope ;)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Not as huge as avoiding 7's.:hunter: Serves me right for trying to hit through a tree:hunter:.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.