• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Pic of TourSwing's New Driver

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Is it going to be as low spin and low launching as the Renegade?

BTW, looks good from what I can tell.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I like the shape, can't wait to see the rest. If it has a black face like the superquad it would be sweet.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Not despicable at all. I am curious though how that shape is better than the traditional once, since directly-behind-the-face is still the farthest-back part of the head.

TourSwingGolfowner

Nov 21, 2008
intro

Hello Gentlemen!
Just wanted to introduce myself, owner of TourSwing Golf and add a few comments of our latest model soon to be released.

Our newest model (currently the leading name is the "Pentagon") as that seems to also represent some of the design characterisitics of this head, not only in shape, but thoughts synonymous with the word, such as "strength, durability, stability", to name a few.

My theory on this design was to take some of the principles found in both the square-shaped drivers and also the trianular-shaped heads many OEMs are cranking out these days and incorporate into one.

The attributes of this design combines those two other designs into one, creating a very stable head due to balance and weight distribution, easy to launch due to C.O.G. placement, forgiveness in mis-hits (as we all have one or two of those each round), combined in a head with face material unmatched by most components today, utilizing TVC Titanium which is the densest material available offering an incredibly solid sound and feel along with outstanding performance. In extensive testing we have found the feel and performance of this material is unparalleled, so we chose to use it in this model.

Please contact indacup golf for any inquiries or place a pre-order, which I'm certain we will be taking soon. The first samples are due to arrive to us around 11-26-08, at which time more pics and better pics will be available.

Thanks for your time. I look forward to participating here!!!

As for performance of this head, we have designed it for a flat trajectory when combined with the proper shaft, yet easy to launch due to C.O.G. Hosel design is short to work in combination for shaft performance and stability as well. RElative to spin characteristics, utilizing the TVC face material along with weight distribution, we anticipate spin rates to be low as well.

Regards,
Tim Chopp

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Howdy, Tim.

What are the traits you're trying to integrate with the "Pentagon" design, specifically? And how have you achieved it?

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Incidentally, we mentioned the TVC face material...and how unique it is....

To give you an idea of how rare this material is...As far as I know this material has only been used in the second generation Proton driver from TourSwing...and the last drivers from Ashton that retailed at that time for $289.

Yes, it is THAT good.

TourSwingGolfowner

Nov 21, 2008

What I was trying to accomplish was to incorporate the forgiveness and ease-of-hitting design of square models, yet also the deep C.O.G. offered by many OEM "triangular" shapes offered in many newest OEM models.

This design incorporates those ideas/principles.
- high launch
- low spin
- easy to hit
- stable
- forgiving
- feel - TVC face material unbeatable performance

Our "Renegade" model was too radical...but a great head with similar features. That head (Renegade) I took same ideas, yet removed weight from areas I felt were ineffective and placed elsewhere. Yet, the look turned some off. If guys got past the Renegade look, they never put it down.

I hope this answers your questions, but let me know if I can answer further.

Regards,
Tim

P.S. name is still up for finalization...some knew ideas are flowing in daily, but we need to decide by middle of next week as that is when we go into production, after final approval of incoming samples.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Our "Renegade" model was too radical...but a great head with similar features. That head (Renegade) I took same ideas, yet removed weight from areas I felt were ineffective and placed elsewhere. Yet, the look turned some off. If guys got past the Renegade look, they never put it down.

I'm curious as to what your feeling of the avenger shaft line was? I picked up a 10* Renegade with the silver Avenger S and even one of my vendors that plays a regular flex shafts said it was to soft for him.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.