• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Ping Karsten Series Anser

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
Just got back from trying (and buying) the new Ping Karsten Anser.

Compared directly against:

Odyssey Black #1
Odyssey XG #1
Ping Redwood Anser
Scotty Newport 2
TM AGSI+

For $89.00 I can't imagine that anyone would want anything else for the utility of putting the ball in the hole. If art, beauty, etc. are in consideration obviously there are other choices. Of the putters I tried, the Black Series and the XG were as good, or nearly so. For the extra money, forget it.

Ping is onto something with the Karsten Series at this price point.

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
Have to say I fully agree. Why? Because I bought the Karsten Series Anser2 three days ago. An absolutely beautiful putter at a great great price.

Kudos to Ping.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Let's see some pics guys. :)

I just checked them out on Ping's site PING : Karsten Series Putters

I like the Answer and Answer 2 as well as the B60. My boss had the old B60 and I liked it a lot. This is a great move by Ping and they will sell a ton of them at that price. Chances are I'll be getting one myself.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I like the Answer and Answer 2 as well as the B60. My boss had the old B60 and I liked it a lot.

I very nearly bought a B60 when I got my Heavy Putter, but ultimately didn't like all the blue all over it or the feel of the insert. I really might have to revisit that with this new line as I remember it being a great putter. The C67 looks like it could be worth a demo too...

OP
J

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
What the heck, I might even give it a shot.

I was all setup to buy either the Odyssey Black #1 or the Scotty. Credit Card in hand, I was.

Problem was, that I didn't like either as much as I liked the Karsten...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I was all setup to buy either the Odyssey Black #1 or the Scotty. Credit Card in hand, I was.

Problem was, that I didn't like either as much as I liked the Karsten...

Well, my putting philosophy is that it is totally the indian, none of the arrow.

So I would mess around with putters just for shits and giggles. And to be honest, I'm totally content with the rest of my bag, so this is all I have left.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
To tell you the truth, outta those putters, I like the looks of the Zing the most. IMHO atleast.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
WBL, which driver has won the prized 1-month spot in your bag? Just wondering:)

🔥 Latest posts