• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Ping Karsten Series Anser

OP
J

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
That looks just like my Redwood Anser. Nice!! Has it got an insert or milled face? :)

No insert.
No milled face.
Just a nice, flat casting.

I did discover while I was doing this that to a great extent, with the exception of the insert putters (particularly the XG), putters feel is influenced to a great extent by the grip on the putter. In other words, if you take the grip out of play, and grab the shaft, most of these putters that don't have inserts feel pretty darn similar as the ball comes off of the face...

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Good to see Ping has come out with a reasonably priced putter. They look great too. I had a hit with a Redwood, but it was way too pricey for my liking. These seem much more agreeable with my wallet, but not in the market at the moment.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Let's see some pics guys. :)

I just checked them out on Ping's site PING : Karsten Series Putters

I like the Answer and Answer 2 as well as the B60. My boss had the old B60 and I liked it a lot. This is a great move by Ping and they will sell a ton of them at that price. Chances are I'll be getting one myself.

Ez, this just keeps bugging me...it's ANSER without the "w" you no spelling... ;)

Of course, an ANSER might be the ANSWER to your putting....:laugh:

Ya know, that putter looks a whole lot like the newport 2. Wonder if it feels similar?

It ought to since it's a direct copy of the original Anser made by Ping.

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
Here are some pictures of the Anser2 I picked up a few days ago.

Very nice putter at a great price.
104_0407.JPG
104_0409.JPG
104_0416.JPG

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Here are some pictures of the Anser2 I picked up a few days ago.

Very nice putter at a great price.
Are those snails on the carpet? Or, are those diagrams of my golf swing??:laugh::laugh: Good lookin' putter!!!!! (And, thanks! You get the gold star for spelling Anser correctly!)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.