• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Putter Pickup

Coach

Krusher
Jul 19, 2006
ST's,
I was in Golfsmith to try on some shoes on Sunday, to find a pair I liked, and get them online for cheap. Kinda worked out a bit different than planned however...Found a pair of FJ Contour Series marked $99, but got them for $84.99. I tried on some other expensive names -- Callaway, Ecco, FJ-Reelfit, and Dry Joys, Adidas, etc. But the Contour fit my feet perfectly and have a lot of cushion, so they are now mine.

Further, I was walking around with different shoes on to see how they felt after wearing for a few minutes. I decided to go to the putting green while measuring the comfort level of the shoes I had on. Then it happenned, totally by accident, but after a few strokes with a few blade style putters, I saw an Odyseey White Steel #1 leaning along with the other Odyssey putters. "Let me try this one just to see what these feel like." It felt very well balanced, not too heavy or light weight. And it seemed easy for me to hit it on the sweet spot where the steel insert resides. Again, it felt great getting the ball rolling, and the feedback was exceptional. The grip is somewhat "cushy" but felt firm enough to me. The odd part was the price tag on the club. I could not clearly see the price as marked and asked for help. They came back with $72.63! How could it be less than $100? But the store caddy said it was used and in premium condition. And it was in nice shape, very few marks, and the alignment markings were fine. I know these go for about $120 new, so I took the plunge and will add it to the bag this week. I will be parking my Ping Craz-E (now feels like it weighs a ton) for a few rounds hoping this lighter putter works for me on the faster greens I play. I also picked up a few FJ Sta-Soft gloves for the usual $17.99. More to come... Anyone able to offer an opinion ont the White Steel or the FJ Contour?
Thanks.
Coach

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
FJ Contours are what I got last year. Best feeling shoes I found also. And the price is right. :)

sssmokin will be sorry to hear you're putting down the Craz-E putter he loves so much. Hope the Odyssey works out for you.

OP
Coach

Coach

Krusher
Jul 19, 2006
FJ Contours are what I got last year. Best feeling shoes I found also. And the price is right. :)

sssmokin will be sorry to hear you're putting down the Craz-E putter he loves so much. Hope the Odyssey works out for you.

Thanks, WBL.
The Contours do feel nice. And I am usually the guy at the store saying, "Do you have anything more expensive?"
I have no emotional attachment to the Craz-E or sssmokin either. hahahaha

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Giving up a Ping Craz-E putter thats just silly, its the best putter I've ever played with but I guess whatever works for me may not work for anyone else.

🔥 Latest posts