• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Shaft Update #2 - Good news/ Bad news

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
New prototypes arrived yesterday afternoon and they are killer!

GOOD NEWS:
Our original plan was take the best attributes from the most popular upper end shafts and see if it was possible to combine them all ...I think we achieved that a couple weeks ago...but we wanted to see if we could tweak a couple things and make it better.

Specifically, we wanted to "elongate" the targeted kickpoint area a bit for two reasons....1) Longer bend area (in theory) would increase load action without decreasing feel... 2) Be the first shaft to show forgiveness not in just twisting during the downswing (torque), but forgiveness in swing speed.

Our hopes were exceeded....this will be a winner.

BAD NEWS:
Cosmetics were not quite up to snuff and a small test market HATED the name of the shaft......so now we need to go back to the drawing board on this.....

The name we selected was actually my third choice...so we may go back and run that and Tim's original ideas and see which we like...and may open it up to you folks here for input.

Bear in mind, once we settle on artwork and name, we need to see cost on the cosmetics....as you know, the quality has gone into this and we have not cut corners on performance quality.....but need to look at ways to cut costs in order to bring this shaft down to an acceptable price point.

Stay tuned!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Why not put up a poll in this forum about the cosmetic and name issues? I think something like that was done for your last driver, am I right Rory?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online