• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New shafts.

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
where can you get clubs re shafted? i want my driver doing with a stiffer shaft!!

any ideas on cost?

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Maybe you can try doing it yourself... ??
In europe, I'd have no idea.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It's easy to do......cut off old shaft, drill out the hosel, tip trim new shaft to instructions, epoxy it in there, butt trim to length, grip it and rip it. :)

OP
Woosey

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
hmmm well my callawy being regular is a bit of a mistake i feel (i hit drives 260yrd+)

so im thinking of going extra stiff? ive got a gay ass fade at the moment (shaft related?) I am right in saying i should be going for a stiffer shaft am i not? ive got a video screenshot (albiet from behind) of my current shaft on impact....its a bit wobbly ;)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Unless you are swinging 120mph, stay away from XS.

If you get the chance, seek out a golf shop in your area that has a launch monitor. Get your swing analyzed get the right shaft for your swing. Really....it's the right thing to do.

OP
Woosey

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
Slingblade61 said:
Unless you are swinging 120mph, stay away from XS.

If you get the chance, seek out a golf shop in your area that has a launch monitor. Get your swing analyzed get the right shaft for your swing. Really....it's the right thing to do.

i would do (more for the speed of your swing measured:D) but there arent any :(

my 5 wood (taylor made) is an S-90 plus, which is about as stiff as they do isnt it?!

i must have been having a blonde day when buying my BB :( Im not talking suicide stiff here! just a little stiffer than the callaway stiff ;)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
A wet noodle is stiffer than the stock Callaway.

Without seeing the TM shaft my guess is that the 90 refers to the weight of the shaft...90 grams...heavy by todays standards, so I could be wrong about that.

There must be something near you......I know you are in the UK after all, but still...;)

Google, pro shops or golf shops or launch monitor and then add a plus sign and the name of your county, state, whatever.....the plus sign narrows the search and you may be suprised.

OP
Woosey

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
Slingblade61 said:
Google, pro shops or golf shops or launch monitor and then add a plus sign and the name of your county, state, whatever.....the plus sign narrows the search and you may be suprised.

No luck mate

http://www.shottalk.com/gallery/files/1/5/6/flex.JPG

this however doenst look like a healthy amount of flex (i was taking it easy too!)

How much are new shafts by the way?

🔥 Latest posts