• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Shafts

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Have completed the shaft changes for the bag this season. I have settled on the Ozik F7M2 Low Tip Deflection for the driver, Ozik 8M2 in the 3 & 5 woods, and the Ozik X-Con 8h in the hybrid all in X Flex.

The M2 line is a lower launching, firmer tip shaft that keeps the ball flight flatter than the Code line-up. The F7M2 LTD launches far lower than the TP7 with a lower overall ball flight.

The X-Con 8h is a mid launch hybrid shaft, with a slightly lower ball flight than the Altus that I had tried in the Taylor Made head. I am still not sold on this one and am looking at trying the HM2 hybrid shaft which is 106 grams and has a lower launch than the X-Con 8h.

I have also switched to the Tour Concept X1's in the irons. I was thinking about trying the new FST KB Tour shafts, but they are a bit on the heavy side for me.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Unfortunately, not for free, but I do get a certain number at a PGA discount each year.

🔥 Latest posts