• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New software this weekend

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Thanks to all who contributed!
I'll have my work cut out for me this weekend.

Included in the package is a new CMS (content management system) for the front page. This is an article based system with a twist. There is the ability for me to promote forum posts to articles which will appear on the front page.

This is something I can do now but I have to do it manually, which sucks big time.....so do not be surprised if one day your pithy remarks make the home page.

The green style will not work anymore so until someone makes a new one we will probably be the default blue.

This is an advanced beta so there will likely be some issues but so far, from the other boards I have seen, there is nothing major.

The upgrade should go quickly, the tweaking may take days and days. :)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Thanks to all who contributed!
I'll have my work cut out for me this weekend.

Included in the package is a new CMS (content management system) for the front page. This is an article based system with a twist. There is the ability for me to promote forum posts to articles which will appear on the front page.

This is something I can do now but I have to do it manually, which sucks big time.....so do not be surprised if one day your pithy remarks make the home page.

The green style will not work anymore so until someone makes a new one we will probably be the default blue.

This is an advanced beta so there will likely be some issues but so far, from the other boards I have seen, there is nothing major.

The upgrade should go quickly, the tweaking may take days and days. :)
So, we can expect to see some of sssmokin's "special" posts on the front page? :mgw:

Good luck with the switch over, Sling!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online