• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Style Hat Poll

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Time for us to add a new style hat for the 2010 lineup.

Currently we have Indacup hats in standard cotton baseball style.
Std. Baseball style made from lightweight moisture wicking material
and Indacup Visors.

Now we are looking at one of two options.

First one being the "Frayed Twill" style as shown below:

arlv.zcache.com_mens_frayed_twill_cap_embroidered_hat_p2334170283216097402qla7_400.jpg

The second style, being the Ryan Moore/military style as shown below:

new_ranger_1_LG.jpg

What do you guys think????

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I HATE frayed ANYTHING. Why would I buy something that already looks ruined? The military style isn't my bag, but I'd take that 1,000 times before I got a frayed hat. When my hat frays, I throw it away. Same with holes in my jeans, etc. I do not understand the "tattered" fashion trend.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I HATE frayed ANYTHING. Why would I buy something that already looks ruined? The military style isn't my bag, but I'd take that 1,000 times before I got a frayed hat. When my hat frays, I throw it away. Same with holes in my jeans, etc. I do not understand the "tattered" fashion trend.

I won't buy anything that already has holes in it, but after i have worn my jeans for a year and a half and they get holes, they turn into garage/work/outdoors pants and i wear them until they are no longer doing their job as pants.

Rory, i'm not much of a fan of either of those hats to be honest.

I'm much more drawn to just the regular ol' baseball style in neutral colors.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Gotta echo whta Clark said Rory, don't care for the frayed hats & the Ryan Moore military hats I despise more than just about any other golf fashion.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
that frayed hat thing is a mainstream style for the street, it should'nt be allowed to crossover into the golf styles.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Indacup, I like both styles but my view is you should have those two plus the traditional baseball cap. The military style can be attractive to the trend-oids & also women. My g.f. recently bought a Puma military style cap & was attracted to it because it wasn't a baseball cap. The "Frayed Twill" style is likely to be attractive to the younger male golfer & who you will find will wear it off course as well as on. Euro golf clothing company Cross make the occasional the "Frayed Twill" style hat. I bought one of those a couple of years ago. As demonstrated by the preceding responses, there is still a large market for the traditional baseball cap.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I want a wide brim straw fedora - Sam Snead style. I told SWMBO I wanted one, she was against the idea. Obviously has no sense of style.

Rory, if you want someone to actually wear one, ought to stay conventional.

"Gluten Free for Life", that's the stuff in Wheat, Barley and Oats. Those are the things in hamburger buns, pasta, donuts and BEER. Kill me now, life would be over
:wow:

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Maybe I didn't communicate right, or many of you are not reading what I said.

We already HAVE a full line of hats and visors...all standard styles, in a variety of colors (see our website)... like this:

View attachment aindacupgolf.com_cap.jpg

I was asking what you all thought would be nice to add WITh the CURRENT line up???

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007

A man after my own heart hehehehe

I think exactly the same about the frayed.

The painter's hat (Military as you call it) doesn't suit my eye either

How about a FIsherman's hat Rory? I love those and I have been looking for one for a while....

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
there has to be a market for guys who wear glasses in wet/rain conditions. i've tried baseball caps, and i can't see a damn thing after a couple holes. maybe you could market these hats as such.

anorthvanmike.net_wp_content_uploads_2009_11_hat3.jpg

this isn't just a hat for me, its a piece of equipment that lets me see clearly through dry eyewear during my round.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
This is going to be the next scream fashion in golf after Norman's Divorce...

awww.geekologie.com_2009_05_21_shark_20hat.JPG

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Or how about this one but with a golf ball?

Baseball_Topper_Funny_Hat.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Boy Cam, you really must've had a good night's rest. You're posting some good stuff today.

Rory: Perhaps look into just expanding your color combo selection, or maybe something with just a big IndaCup Logo. Like, Instead of Bridgestone having their name on hats now, they just have the big B. I'd stay away from white-base whenever possible though. I love white hates, but they get smudgey when I'm playing golf. Fingers get a little dirty replacing divots, then hat goes on and off, and voila... unwearable! Washing them really sucks too. Or it sucked for my mom, rather :D

Maybe look into some warm-weather material. I don't know if you've seen the underarmour running hats, or Adidas' climacool hats, but I like them quite a lot better than traditional fabric. It's much more elastic, feels lighter, and it's cooler (temperature and style!).

🔥 Latest posts