• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Styx Album

S

shortwavez

Any styx fans here? I just picked up their new album, Big Bang Theory and i'm listening to it right now. Its amazingly good. Ive been a fan since the 80's and am amazed they have been around so long. the album is a compilation of cover songs from older bands. My fave. song is I am the Walrus. Almost as good as the Beatles rendition. Anybody else check out this new album?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I like Styx.

Can't say I have their new album, but i'll have a listen should I get the chance.

Cheers,

R35

longiron

May 2, 2005
Styx is one of those band nobody wants to jump up and say OMFG i love them, but let one of there song come on and everybodt sings. I didnt even know they had a new one out.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Thanks for letting me know. I loved much of their material...one of their guitarists is from Montgomery, Alabama - home of BamaDuffer...His name is Tommy Shaw.

I will try to listen to some sample tracks and if I like it - I will buy it....

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I think "That '70's Show" did an episode where one running joke involved Styx coming to town and everyone pretending to be too cool to be impressed by them. No one wanted to admit they liked them.

I was surprised to see that Tommy Shaw was back with Styx (even that they were back together). I knew he was doing solo stuff.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Bama Duffer said:
I think "That '70's Show" did an episode where one running joke involved Styx coming to town and everyone pretending to be too cool to be impressed by them. No one wanted to admit they liked them.

I was surprised to see that Tommy Shaw was back with Styx (even that they were back together). I knew he was doing solo stuff.

There's no doubt he can really play the lead....

OP
S

shortwavez

I checked out their site and they have some US tour dates too. The cd also has a new studio version of Blue Collar Man which is pretty sweet.....funny I still remember dancing to babe with my crush in high school lol

🔥 Latest posts