• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New swing video

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
My home course still isn't open, so i headed to pembroke (half an hour away) to hit some balls at the range. ive really been working on keeping my swing a little shorter, and more controlled. ive also fixed my overswing on my follow through.
im pretty happy with the results. my takeaway looks much better but im still getting a little flat as i go back.
comments and opinions will be greatly appreciated
so what do ya think?
Putfile - 5iron swing
thanks guys.
ps. see how i didn't post in the hackers annonymous ? :laugh:

OP
FKA19

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
my head still moves too much though :real angry:

OP
FKA19

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
yes it is. a beaten up handi-bus. its a good target to hit stingers at. its 125 away, so i kept trying to sting my buddies 13* vsteel at it. its sweet when you hit it:)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Looks good.

Where's your divot? 9 times outta 10, the average joe doesn't take a divot with his irons.

Just a suggestion.

R35

OP
FKA19

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Looks good.

Where's your divot? 9 times outta 10, the average joe doesn't take a divot with his irons.

Just a suggestion.

R35

i usually take pretty big ones. u cant see from the poor quality of the vid, but the ball was teed a 1/4" so i didnt take one. off the ground i always take a good sized divot.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
You lifted out of the shot slightly, this will cause you to loose coil and power. It also makes ball striking inconsistant. Try to keep your spine angle consistant through the swing. You club is pointing slightly left of the target at the top of your swing. It also looks like you have a slight cut swing, that comes from finishing too far inside, try to think as if you are throwing the club at the target. If you don't commit to the swing it will end up being a block slice.

It isn't your swing thats flat, if your spine angle is more cocnsistant the club will naturally come up steeper.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Agreeing with Jason. The swing looks real good, don't get me wrong. I can't figure out how to save the still shots. I stopped it at the very top and the clubhead is slightly laid off, lower than hands, the angle of plane is actually looking well outside the ball. Then in the next stop I see the effort to get back inside begin, right side dips a bit and the cut swing begins to appear. The last stop I got to was just after impact and it follows the path of the slight cut move from out to in. I am offbase to think that you are hitting a little fade? The positions suggest the ball would have to move slightly starting left and move back to the right.

I saw Twofast doing a similar thing at the range but way more exagerrated the other day. He had a tough time for a little stretch where he was most definitely dropping his right shoulder and looping out to in. I only see a slight hint of it with yours, just food for thought I guess. Anyone care to contradict it, feel free, I'm just a borderline hack who has a bunch of 2nd hand interpretation of golf magazine BS.
icon10.gif

OP
FKA19

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Agreeing with Jason. The swing looks real good, don't get me wrong. I can't figure out how to save the still shots. I stopped it at the very top and the clubhead is slightly laid off, lower than hands, the angle of plane is actually looking well outside the ball. Then in the next stop I see the effort to get back inside begin, right side dips a bit and the cut swing begins to appear. The last stop I got to was just after impact and it follows the path of the slight cut move from out to in. I am offbase to think that you are hitting a little fade? The positions suggest the ball would have to move slightly starting left and move back to the right.

I saw Twofast doing a similar thing at the range but way more exagerrated the other day. He had a tough time for a little stretch where he was most definitely dropping his right shoulder and looping out to in. I only see a slight hint of it with yours, just food for thought I guess. Anyone care to contradict it, feel free, I'm just a borderline hack who has a bunch of 2nd hand interpretation of golf magazine BS.
icon10.gif

thanks man, yeah ive really been working on hitting a little fade. want to control it into greens. i havent done much technical in moving to a fade, its just all feel, and it looks like im getting into the right positions to produce the fade. i think what i need to do is stay down on the shot in the backswing, and keep the flex in my right knee, so that ill get better striking results, and wont have the dip on the downswing. sounds good ?
anything else guys?

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Set-up: I can see your alignment is a bit off whack, your feet are aligned differently to your shoulders, if you look at address you can see daylight between your left (front) and right(back) arms this straightaway will force the club outside resulting in the laid off position we see. also will result in shoulders aiming left at the set up

Backswing: i see a few of your old faults coming in with a bit too much roll/rotation of the wrists and forearms early on resulting in a breakdown of your width on the backswing which shows by the way of the left arm moving too far behind you and your right arm getting very close across your chest. there is also an over rotation of the head which is resultant of the narrow arc of the backswing causing excessive hip and shoulder rotation. i also notice that your clubface is open at the top as well

Downswing: A classic human nature movement is if the backswing is laid off and without width the arms will then move down more infront of the body and the shaft will steepen to try and reverse what has gone before to try and prepare for impact.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Rock, whats wrong with not taking a divot? I hit the ball better when i dont take a divot (because it means i kept my head still during the swing).

🔥 Latest posts