• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Swing

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
I tore the miscus and some other tendon in my right knee about a month ago. I am having surgery next week. Yesterday went to one of my favorite courses and played 36 holes. played ok but not great...got to 15 of the second round and my knee was killing...decided to try leaving my weight on the left side during the swing...well I finished par birdie (missed 5 ft eagle put) birdie birdie and hit the ball with better contact than i ever have. i know it is probably not the true stack and tilt but same principle. So do i keep this "new" swing or once my knee is better go back to my original swing. My tendency is slide back when I get lazy and it leads to fat shots. this seems to eliminates that...I have used this shot for about a year out of fairway bunkers or uphill lies also to great effect. And no I dont have problems getting my wieght forward with my normal swing...although I sometimes slide forward instead of turning completly.

295yards

May 5, 2009
I tore the miscus and some other tendon in my right knee about a month ago. I am having surgery next week. Yesterday went to one of my favorite courses and played 36 holes. played ok but not great...got to 15 of the second round and my knee was killing...decided to try leaving my weight on the left side during the swing...well I finished par birdie (missed 5 ft eagle put) birdie birdie and hit the ball with better contact than i ever have. i know it is probably not the true stack and tilt but same principle. So do i keep this "new" swing or once my knee is better go back to my original swing. My tendency is slide back when I get lazy and it leads to fat shots. this seems to eliminates that...I have used this shot for about a year out of fairway bunkers or uphill lies also to great effect. And no I dont have problems getting my wieght forward with my normal swing...although I sometimes slide forward instead of turning completly.

You go out and agonize through 33 holes as your knee "kills" and you are scheduled for surgery next week because you have tendons torn so bad in your right knee?

>>So do i keep this "new" swing or once my knee is better go back to my original swing?<<

Keep the new swing! Something tells me you may not get better!.

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Yea...as my grandad used to say "If your gonna be stupid you better be tough"....well Im plenty stupid...Im working on the tough part.
It worked great for those few holes...not sure how it would work out longterm....once the surgery is done and I start playing again Ill know more I guess..

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
I've employed a "stack but don't tilt" swing for years (before I ever heard of stack and tilt) and it's worked great for me. I say go with it.

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
same here I leave a ton of weight on my left side all throughout my swing. Ball striking and distance are all great now if I could buy a short game

🔥 Latest posts