• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Taylor Made Ball Line Up

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Just came back from California where I was able to try the new golf balls that Taylor Made will be releasing this year. The new version of the TP Red LDP and TP Black LDP will feature a new dimple pattern that promises low drag. This allows the ball to maintain low spin on off center hits, which is supposed to decrease distance loss on off center hits. The new TP Red LDP is a four piece ball, designed for higher spin players. The TP Black LDP is a three piece ball that will give you a little more spin off of all of the clubs in the bag. The Burner ball is a 2 piece ball that is designed to rival the Juice and HX Hot type of balls. The biggest suprise for me was the Burner TP ball, a 3 piece ball that gives some really good ball speeds while still providing control in the short game.

Not sure which of these balls will end up in the bag this season, but it is coming down to the TP Red LDP or the Burner TP.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
So have they reversed the colours to be in line with Titleist? ie Titleist red commonly known as the Pro V1 X matches now matches the TM red?

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
It was always that way, the Red was the lower spinning of the two in the original line. They just addressed some of the complaints on unpredictable greenside spin and that both of the TP balls seemed to lose more speed on off center hits than other premium golf balls.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
At aged 42 I really shouldn't get annoyed about such minutae,but the fact they called there softer ball the red irrates me intensely.I have used Titty reds for 25 years,the least TM could have done to get dinosaurs like me to switch is use the same colour denomination,what wankers.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
So tmag, if I want a high spin ball as my main consideration, which should I choose?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am assuming the TP Red and Black will stay $39+ USD a dozen, what can we expect to pay for the Burner and Burner TP per dozen?

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
So tmag, if I want a high spin ball as my main consideration, which should I choose?

The TP Black LDP is the higher spinning of the two.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Thx for the breakdown on the new lineup Tmag, I saw some of these over on WRX and was wondering which is for what.

Can't wait to try them:D If theyre out before the spring i'll be playin them as our school is gettin stuff from tmade at the moment (although personally I wish titleist;))

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Sounds sweet. If you could send me a dozen (or a couple of dozen if you can) of the Burner TP and the new Reds that'll do me, Tmag...:D

Any idea when they might hit US and UK stores, dude ?

Have been quite surprised to learn of the increasing number of guys playing these balls on tour. Rose, Sergio, McGinley, and even Goosen and Clarke playing 'em, too !

I thought they're good, although they tend to scuff more than other premium balls. I suppose that these guys can change their balls every 2 or 3 holes, so that bears little or no significance to them....:)

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
They should be hitting shelfs in a month or so.

OP
BStone

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I am assuming the TP Red and Black will stay $39+ USD a dozen, what can we expect to pay for the Burner and Burner TP per dozen?

Not 100% sure about retail, but I think the Burner TP will be at $30 and the Burner will be at $25

RebornProphet

Nov 9, 2007
Looking forward to trying these out at my local Pro shop when they eventually hit retail. The Burner TP sounds interesting ...

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Isn't there also a new Burner Tour Driver coming out? Any information on that?

🔥 Latest posts