• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to Board

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
I am new on here and was wondering where most people are from, i am from saint louis missouri, trying to find some new people to play with next year in the same area.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
People are from all over. I'm in Connecticut.

I'm not sure about Missouri but I'm sure we have someone near there.
Mostly Americans, Canadians and loads of people from the UK.

Welcome aboard. :)

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
yeah im from virginia and i dont think anyone esle on here is:( but im sure there somebody on here near you

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
Does anybody else here find it hard to get people to play, It sucks when nobody takes the game as serious as you and they only play once every 6 months.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Does anybody else here find it hard to get people to play, It sucks when nobody takes the game as serious as you and they only play once every 6 months.

All the time.
Was playing with a few guys from work early in the year, but none of them wanted to attend range sessions or go golfing more than once a week or even sometimes as little as once a month. Those same guys would then bitch about not getting better:(

I resorted to simply playing by myself for the last few months of nice weather & actually grew to enjoy that more.

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
I've had to play a lot of rounds by myself lately, my buddy from high school who I used to play with nearly everyday moved away and all I get now is the guys who wifes control their lives and wont let them play or the guy like I mentioned that wont put in the effort and complain about not being any good like you said. Oh well it is kind of nice to play alone sometimes but it sometimes hurts my tournament play. Sorry to hijack your thread keith and btw welcome to the forum, you'll be a club ho like everyone else before you know it!!!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
This is why YOU HAVE TO JOIN A LEAGUE.

My 'friends' are the same way. into fishing more than golf or whatever. I joined a league about 3 years ago and I now have new friends....they don't like me so much that they come here (except for todmun) but at least they play golf with me. :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This is why YOU HAVE TO JOIN A LEAGUE.

My 'friends' are the same way. into fishing more than golf or whatever. I joined a league about 3 years ago and I now have new friends....they don't like me so much that they come here (except for todmun) but at least they play golf with me. :)

Hey I come here and I like you just enough to play golf with you. :laugh:

Welcome Keith. I've been fortunate enough to meet some great guys to play with on here. I play with my boss a lot as well. I have fun joining up with others as a single as well. Most of the time you meet some good people. Good luck and have fun.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Welcome!

That's about all I can add right now as I don't make it out to St. Louis all that much... okay, ever. ;)

Look forward to reading your contributions!

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005

i have a regular partner for most weekends.but i also know have an old party pal that just took up the game and has joined our club.so i know i can get him to go every weekend i`m not working.

plus i am in a league.(dont have to worry about losing my slot as i am the V.P. and my partner is the sec. & tres.)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I am new on here and was wondering where most people are from, i am from saint louis missouri, trying to find some new people to play with next year in the same area.
From Kansas area. Not too far from Misery, but quite a ways from St. Louis. Just finished a 20 month project up in the Hannibal area which was much closer to St. Louis. Now, relegated to an 18 month project in the KC area. May need to meet in Columbia area sometime next season and play a round at one of those courses.

Welcome to the board! This seems to be a group of guys from a quite wide spectrum of ages and abilities. (You've heard of more is less? Here, more of us have less ability than you could ever believe!!!:laugh::laugh:) You will find some are quite passionate about the clubs they play. Others change clubs (drivers) more often than they change underwear (WBL). We gripe about the courses, we complain about our playing partners, we denegrate the bags of others in attempt to convince them to purchase clubs like ours, but all is done in a rather fun and (always) considerate fashion.

Enjoy your stay here. Knowing what life in Misery can be like, let us be the bright spot in your day and in your game!!!!!:laugh:

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007

I was from St. Louis about a year and half ago! :laugh: Welcome to the board.

Like some of the others here I just play alone. Usually I get thrown into a 2 or 3 some and end up having a good time. Meet a lot of people that way. Going to look into a league next year I think.

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
welcome!

im from highland which is about 35 miles out from st louis. and believe me all i do is play golf by myself i dont hate it. i try to go to the range 3 times a week. id go every day if i could. however i work nights so its kind of hard. oh well i make due. and yeah the people i do play with if ever they decide they can go golfing all complain about how much they suck and then they wont go to the range...

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Welcome aboard!!!

This is a great site!
Even for hackers like me that hasn't broken 100 yet!
(it's been two looooong years now!):laugh:

I'm from New Jersey and through this forum I had the priviledge to meet our very own 'Sandy'.
He has become a welcome addition to our little group that plays every other Saturday during the season.
And sometimes we manage to get a round in on the 'off' weekends.

I'm sure that you'll find Shottalk as enjoyable and informative as I have!;)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.