• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the game..

vince410

Feb 9, 2011
Hello guy's,

Am new to the game. I've been trying to play for the past few months and am slowly getting the hang of it.

Golfing gave me an outlet to just relax and hang out with the boy's again. I realized a sport like golf is a good time for laughs and a good way to get out of the normal routine by whacking the ball with a nice smooth swing. I sure need help on my form but am sure i can patch that up after some more time on the course.

Any tip's you all can provide for a armature like me?

Thanks!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
G'day & welcome.

The tips you'll get round here will cause you to be a complete equipment ho. You'll accumulate many sets of clubs in the search of a better game & never once think that it could be your swing. But you'll be in great company. :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
First tip: Find a local golf pro, and take a few lessons. They will be able to allow you the feeling of a good golf swing.

Second tip: Read everything you can about the golf swing and work on 1 thing at a time at the driving range. If you change more than 1 thing, you won't know which one made the difference, good or bad.

Third tip: McDavis has a hot daughter. But she's mine. So back off. :D

Welcome to Shottalk Vince! Great to have you onboard!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Here's a tip, don't listen to the vast majority of us because we suck at this game. Good at buying clubs that don't help one bit though:D

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Here's a tip, don't listen to the vast majority of us because we suck at this game. Good at buying clubs that don't help one bit though:D

This used to be true, but it seems nobody is even buying/selling clubs anymore! I think we even suck at that now!

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I dunno about that. I've sold quite a bit of used stuff over the years. All done locally (either a golf mate, or on Craigslist), which is the way I'd prefer to do it. That way, the buyer can actually see what he's getting, and even demo if I'm playing with him (which is the way I'd prefer to do it if I was a buyer, as opposed to looking at a picture on the internet, and taking someones word for the condition). Add to that, the bonus of not having to deal with the shipping hassle.

However, I'm having a hard time getting rid of an Odyssey 3 ball putter...lol...any takers?

🔥 Latest posts