• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to this forum..

Christian

Aug 10, 2009
Well I'm 14 years old and really haven't played golf in a while. I have way too many interests.. And I would love to get back into it, the last time I played was 6 months ago and I shot a 96 on a par 72 in the ladies tees haha I know..

But I'm going into freshman year so I'm thinking of trying out..

Is there any freshman's here or anyone that knows how good they usually are and where they play from (tees) and what par they usually play from..

Thank you,

Christian

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm a freshmen in college, although I'm 49, :D

But welcome to Shot Talk Christian, and 96 your 1st time out ain't bad no matter what tee box you played from.:thumbs up:

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Christian,

I am a long ways out of high school, but if I could may I offer some advice?

Just go out for it!!
1. There will no doubt be some golfers better than you, but your only a freshman.
2. if your on the team you will play a lot more, and the more you play the better you get.
3. if you can learn to play golf well when you are young, it will carry though out your life. the guys on the football team will only have memories when they are forty, you probably will have a great golf game.
4. 96 aint bad at all. ladies tee or not over half of most golfers strokes are within 30 yards of the green. if you can putt you can win.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I missed the part about trying out for the team, old age and bad eyes, :laugh:

Definitely try out, whether you start, or even make the team, you'll get some good instruction. And like Doug said, good instruction now just starting out will help you from here on out. Golf is a great game, in that you can play it way into the late stages of your life. But nothing beats starting out with a good solid swing from the get go. Then you can just build upon a solid foundation.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
White tees. Mid 90's might get you on a freshman team, depending on where you live. Good luck! :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Welcome to Shottalk!

If you have an interest in golf, just go try out. You have nothing to lose and literally everything to gain. If you had a chance at a free lottery ticket, wouldn't you take it?

Good luck man!

OP
C

Christian

Aug 10, 2009
Thank you guys.. Well, now they only have a Varsity team and they have 8 kids that played on the team last year that are trying out this year..

Uh-oh haha..

Thank again for all your tips, comments, and suggestions!

🔥 Latest posts