• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Top-Flite ball. D2 feel with bite!!!!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
At last count I had 3 boxes of Tour Fires and 1 box of D2s that have never been opened, not to mention the odd sleeves of ProV1s, NXTs, HX 56s, Hogans, and who knows what that I have hanging around.

I tend to play a ball until I lose it. That can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 weeks. :D

BMRisko

Oct 9, 2006
I would love to try the Gamers when they hit stores, but I've got enough $5.75/doz Precept U-Tri balls to last me for years. Gotta love Target clearance. :)

I did manage to pick up some of the D2 Feels when they were half off at $7.50/doz and I've been impressed so far.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
After all this talk about the D2 I dug a D2 red out of the bag yesterday and had the best ball striking day I've had for ages. The feel of these balls off the clubface right through the bag is better than any other ball IMO. I also putted heaps better and had really good distance control, very consistent off the putter head. As usual there were one or two times an approach or chip shot released a little too far, but the solid feel and consistency of strike made up for it. I know it's a top rock and I have trouble getting my head around using a top rock in competition, but the D2 Red is my new ball, except for courses that have been really tricked up and the greens are too slick.

I also picked up 10 ZUR-C's frm the pro yesterday with what was left in credit on my account. For some reason he was running them out at half price. Haven't had a chance to use them before but they feel soft on the greens. I was thinking of keeping them as my gamer for bigger events. Anyone used these before?

Planet_Boom

Nov 14, 2007
Over in the UK there is quite a bit of talk on a little known ball called the Inesis Tour. They are calling it "the poor mans pro-v". Three piece ball for half the price of the titleists. Only problem is that you can only get them from decathalon stores which are no-where near me.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i wasn't superbly impressed with the D2, it was a HUGE improvement over anything they'd previously released, but in the relative ball market it wasn't overly special imo, i'll have to give these new ones a try though, i'm intrigued.

Our store just dropped TP Red's, my fav. premium ball to $30/dozen and golf galaxy dropped my favorite non premium ball, the Nike TA2/SPN to $15/Dozen So i'll definitely be stocking up here in the next week or so on both. I have yet to find a ball comparable to the Nike in performance for the price, It's like a cheaper Nike One Platinum

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I love the TP Red and Blacks. My dad works with a guy that gets a bunch of them free and sells em to me for $10 a dozen. I use them for good play and I bought a pack of Nike Karmas last night, well see how they play out today. I think they may feel like rocks considering it is 33* out and snowing right now lol.:)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I hit a D2-distance all day today, and it was awesome. I mean really awesome. And I was actually getting the thing to stop within a foot of it's pitchmark on my approaches. It is my new ball - no question.

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
At last count I had 3 boxes of Tour Fires and 1 box of D2s that have never been opened, not to mention the odd sleeves of ProV1s, NXTs, HX 56s, Hogans, and who knows what that I have hanging around.

I tend to play a ball until I lose it. That can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 weeks. :D

You must be the guy who lost that DT Wound 90 I found the other day!

🔥 Latest posts