• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New watch recommendations...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I need a new watch. I don't wanna spend a fortune, because frankly, I don't have a fortune!

I'm looking for something Titanium. I just can't get the idea of a titanium watch outta my head. Dressy/casual and Ti. No leather straps, all metal.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I really really like my Swiss Military watch by Hanowa. Although I was pretty damn annoyed when it broke, but other than that (warranty repair, no biggie), it's been great.

Also of note - you might check out Costco (if you guys have one) as they have some great deals on really nice watches. It was the first watch that I actually spent any real money on (about $600 CDN, although I bought it in Switzerland), so I'm kind of attached.

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
I have a Skagen watch from Denmark that fits all of your criterion. It has an ultra-thin face, so I get plenty of "oooh, that's cool" reactions. At around $100, it won't break the bank either.

Skagen

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This is an incredible coincidence. I need one too and am not willing to spend an arm and a leg.

About 6-7 years ago, I bought a nice Seiko watch that has a self-charging electrical system. Theoretically a watch that would run forever without opening the case.

Also had a really handsome band that looks like a herringbone silver bracelet.

Well the SOB has been nothing but trouble. I paid $300 US for it and have spent almost that much maintaining it. The band can go only about 12 months without needing some sort of repair. It had a broken capacitor about 18 months ago and now the hasp has broken altogether.

The jewelry store called this morning and gave up the ghost on repairing the hasp. Said return it to the factory.

I am going to fix it and put it on ebay and say good riddance.

Good looking watch...too bad its a piece of sh**....

http://www.bluedial.com/gg/SKA096.htm

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
This is an incredible coincidence. I need one too and am not willing to spend an arm and a leg.

About 6-7 years ago, I bought a nice Seiko watch that has a self-charging electrical system. Theoretically a watch that would run forever without opening the case.

Also had a really handsome band that looks like a herringbone silver bracelet.

Well the SOB has been nothing but trouble. I paid $300 US for it and have spent almost that much maintaining it. The band can go only about 12 months without needing some sort of repair. It had a broken capacitor about 18 months ago and now the hasp has broken altogether.

The jewelry store called this morning and gave up the ghost on repairing the hasp. Said return it to the factory.

I am going to fix it and put it on ebay and say good riddance.

Good looking watch...too bad its a piece of sh**....

http://www.bluedial.com/gg/SKA096.htm
There ya go, Rock. Bravo will sell you a piece of sh*t that won't cost a fortune. 2 birds, one piece of sh*t.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I have a watch story. Apparently my daughter's, boyfriend's mother used to own a jewelry story. It seems at Christmas she has a thing about giving everyone she knows some kind of gift.

I guess when she was out shopping she saw a top or something she thought my wife would like and bought it for her. When her son was getting ready to come to our house to exchange gifts she realized she didn't have a gift for me.

According to her son she went into her old inventory and pulled out a Jules Jurgensen gold watch and said give him this. So here we are opening presents and my wife opens her shirt and says thanks that's nice. Then I'm opening mine and at first I'm thinking it must be a gag gift and I'm looking for Mickey Mouse on the dial.

No gag, it's a gold watch from someone I've met twice. Merry Christmas to me.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
ooooo....when I was halfway through your story - I thought it was going to have a different ending..

Ya know - like your wife got a gift worth $75 and you got one worth $500 and she got pissed and starting accusing the other woman of....

You know what I mean.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I'm also a big fan of sapphire glass, I've put my watch through the ringer, but the face is totally unscratched (can't say the same for any other part of it though).

I basically have this band:

awww.hanowa.ch_pages_Quartz_Mount_20Everest_6_576titel.jpg

But with this face:

awww.hanowa.ch_pages_Quartz_Open_20Sky_6_571_15_001titel.jpg

But mine has the blue colour of the first one as well as the same style of numbers around the face as the first one, but with the same dials etc as the second one.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Those are handsome. I like that look. I willl try to locate one.

thanks for the suggestions

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Word up guys. Thanks for the info. I honestly thought I might get one reply on this topic.

We have a Costco in town, i was gonna check there tommorrow. But these other brands that I haven't been privy too, i like the looks of those.

And this piece of shit that Bravo is offering is more than tempting...

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
ooooo....when I was halfway through your story - I thought it was going to have a different ending..

Ya know - like your wife got a gift worth $75 and you got one worth $500 and she got pissed and starting accusing the other woman of....

You know what I mean.

It sounds like it could be that kind of story doesn't it. Lucky for me my wife has spent more time talking to her than me.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Look at Citizen watches....they're the shiznat, and reasonably priced too. I got some real nice bling off ebay for like 60 bucks used, the thing cost like $300 new, got a nice chrono and all;)

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I have the Sun watch. Only problem, i have to switch to my Star watch at night.

🔥 Latest posts