• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Year's resolution or golf goal

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
we're still a little over a half of a month away but the current threads out are horrible. i'll get the ball rolling so to speak

my new years resolution is to be a better all around person, be nicer to people, respect my parents a little bit more, be friendlier, theres a girl at school that i really like and i'm almost positive she likes me back, i want to ask her out, but i don't know if that will hurt my golf game **cough*** mini tiger ***cough***

as far as golf goes, i really want to go to state this year and have been working hard to accomplish that, the weakest part of my game has been putting until recently, i need to keep working on that, i just need so step forward in all parts of the game

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Good resolutions Gun.

For me, I want to be less lazy and become hardworking, more and more zen (I'm already super zen. I'd like to be mega ultra zen :japanflag ).

And for golf, I'd like to drive 280-290 yards average, and straight, which would be better than my current 240-250. This means strength workout, and an easy powerful swing, like Jason Zuback. :D

The master

Oct 24, 2004
My resoulutions are to be nicier to people, get my handicap down to scratch, shot a 68 and last but not least quite drinking. :p

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
The master said:
... quite drinking. :p

You mean drinking more or quit? :confused:

And if you're quitting, I won't believe you. You'll drink that Fischer in a whim... :D

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I mean quitting after near years eve, I was just up when i made that post. Your up early are you at work or something.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This year, I made the greatest one year improvement in my game ever. I committed myself to playing better and it paid off.

About 5-7 years ago, I played to a solid 9 handicap and then work problems and family problems caused me to play less and I creeped up to a 13-14. A year ago, I got lessons and hit the range. I am now in the 8-9 range again.

If I got my handicap down - solidly - two more strokes to be a 6-7 - I would be consistenly playing the best golf of my life - at age 50.

I believe I can do this and the good news is - its my short game that has hurt me so much. Back when I was a 12 handicap, I had a much better short game than I do now. If I could Return to the short game I had three years ago - I could get myself down into that 6-7 range....

I am going to get lessons in January and work like the devil over the winter.....I am having so much fun now...

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Many years ago I resolved not to make any more new years resolutions.

So far, I have been successful.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My new year's resolution is to stop walking around my house with my wedge.

Also, I want to stop farting.

I think both aren't going to work out.

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Wait until you have kids....that wedge will be positively indespensible! :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
A resolution you can keep

I always resolve to gain about 10 pounds.....

It works!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Have birthday sling you actually thought I had forgot your present is in the mail, did you get anything nice for your birthday.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
My present is in the mail?

It wouldn't be a turkey by any chance, would it?

The master

Oct 24, 2004
No it is a 30 minute instruction video by The master on how to play better golf it should bring your handicap down a bit.

Its called "learn from The master"

🔥 Latest posts